2-Day Workshop in BOSTON
PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP
esqLABS is running a two-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP on Wednesday and Thursday 3rd and 4th of October at the OFICIO Fenway Meeting Room in Boston, MA. The workshop covers the concepts and application of combining PK-Sim, MoBi and R to build your very own digital platforms for the prediction of clinical trial outcomes by leveraging physiological and mechanistic knowledge to translate early in-vitro and preclinical outcomes to the clinic. During hands-on exercises you will learn how to:
- Build a PBPK model in PK-Sim and compare to observed data
- Integrate mechanism-based pharmacodynamics in MoBi
- Conduct parameter identifications in PK-Sim and MoBi
- Conduct population simulations in PK-Sim and MoBi
- Scale PB-QSP models across species
- Simulate and analyze your PBPK-QSP model in R
This workshop will be held by the consultants and scientists from esqlabs GmbH with extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
For more information and registration, please visit EventBrite.
The workshop is currently restricted to 15 participants.
As a use-case for above learnings, we will develop a PB-QSP model for therapeutic proteins. We will model naked antibody pre-treatment (nAb) of antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) for the treatment of tumor growth, in detail (preliminary agenda):
|Time (Wednesday October 3)||Topic|
|9:00||Welcome and getting everyone started (solving IT issues)|
|9:45||Lecture: Introduction to PBPK modeling|
|10:30||Hands-On (with Intro): Building a nAb / ADC PBPK model|
|11:15||Lecture: General concepts of PBPK modeling|
|11:45||Lecture: Introduction to MoBi|
|12:15||Lunch Break (NOT INCLUDED! Will go for lunch at a restaurant nearby)|
|13:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Introduction to mechanistic modeling with MoBi: target-mediated drug disposition|
|15:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Population Simulations|
|16:00||Lecture: Complex PB-QSP models: The Diabetes Platform|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
|Time (Thursday October 4)||Topic|
|9:00||Welcome and getting everyone started (follow-up Day 1)|
|9:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Model extension: Tumor|
|11:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Creating reactions & Tumor growth modeling|
|12:00||Lunch Break (NOT INCLUDED! Will go for lunch at a restaurant nearby)|
|13:00||Lecture & Hands-on: Parameter Identification using PK-Sim® and Mobi®|
|13:30||Hands-On (with Intro): nAb / ADC tumor treatment (PD-Effect)|
|15:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Running simulations with the OSPS R-Toolbox in R|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
- BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOPS! We will be doing hands-on work!
- To download the software, please click here
- Download & install the R distribution (Ver 3.5) from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- Please add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)