ACoP 10 PBPK Workshop 2019
PK-Sim® & MoBi® (OSP Suite) workshop on PBPK
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on basic concepts in PBPK on Thursday 24th of October in Orlando, US as a satellite meeting to ACoP 10. The workshop covers age-dependent PK, population simulations and drug-drug-interactions (DDI) in PBPK modeling using PK-Sim for DMPK, pediatric and geriatric investigations by leveraging physiological and mechanistic knowledge for translational modeling in your drug R&D program. During hands-on exercises you will learn how to:
- Build a PBPK model in PK-Sim and compare to observed data
- Learn how to consider age-dependency in drug PK in PK-Sim (Pediatrics and Geriatrics)
- Conduct parameter identifications in PK-Sim and MoBi
- Conduct population simulations in PK-Sim
- Learn how to model drug-drug interactions in PK-Sim (DDI)
and, if time permits:
- Simulate your PBPK model in R
This workshop will be held by consultants & scientists from esqlabs GmbH with extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
To register for the workshop, please visit EventBrite.
The workshop is currently restricted to 25 participants.
Registration includes coffee- and lunch breaks.
As a use-case for above learnings, we will develop PBPK models for different small molecule drugs as use-cases for modeling drug-drug interactions and the concepts of age-related PK, in detail:
|Time (Thursday Oct 24)||Topic|
|9:00||Welcome and getting everyone started (solving IT issues)|
|9:30||Lecture: Introduction to PBPK modeling and the OSP Suite (PK-Sim® & MoBi®)|
|10:00||Hands-On: Setting up a simple PBPK model|
|11:00||Lecture: General concepts of PBPK modeling|
|11:30||Lecture: PBPK for drug-drug interactions (DDI) with PK-Sim®|
|13:00||Hands-On: Modeling drug-drug interactions (DDI) with PK-Sim®|
|14:45||Lecture: Special populations – pediatrics and elderly|
|15:30||Hands-On: Age Dependence of Pharmacokinetics (Population Simulations)|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOPS! We will be doing hands-on work!
- To download the software (WINDOWS ONLY!), please click here
- Download & install the R distribution (Ver 3.5+; 64 Bit) from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- Please add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
Visit our News & Events Section for info on additional workshops in the future and news on our future developments in physiologically-based quantitative-systems-pharmacology.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)