Release Notes for the Open Systems Pharmacology Software Suite 9 Update 1
OSP Platform qualification library extended with CYP3A4 DDI Qualification report
This qualification report evaluates for the PBPK platform PK-Sim (as part of the OSP Suite) the ability to perform simulations with the intended purpose to predict cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4)-mediated drug-drug interactions (DDI).
To demonstrate the level of confidence, the predictive performance of the platform for this indented purpose is assessed via a network of PBPK models of selected index CYP3A4 DDI perpetrators (covering the range from strong induction to strong inhibition), and respective sensitive index CYP3A4 victim drugs and a comprehensive dataset from published clinical DDI studies. All PBPK models represent whole-body PBPK models, which allow dynamic DDI simulations in organs expressing CYP3A4.
This and other OSP qualification reports can be found in the OSP Qualification Reports library (https://github.com/Open-Systems-Pharmacology/OSP-Qualification-Reports)
PBPK Models Library extended
Many new PBPK models were added. Model building process and model quality of every new PBPK model is documented in the corresponding model evaluation report.
New models and model evaluation reports can be found in the OSP-PBPK-Model-Library (https://github.com/Open-Systems-Pharmacology/OSP-PBPK-Model-Library)
Redesigned and extended R-Toolbox
The R-Toolbox allows the processing of the OSP models in R. Previously available R-Toolbox was fully redesigned and extended with many new features, enabling:
- loading, manipulating (changing parameter and molecule start values), and simulating the models created in the OSP platform
- loading and simulating virtual populations
- creating user defined PK parameters not available in PK-Sim/MoBi out of the box
- creating virtual individuals and populations
- performing sensitivity analysis of PK parameters
- reintegration of modified models back into PK-Sim/MoBi
- availability under Windows and Linux
- utilizes the concept of object oriented (OO) programming based on the R6 system.
- does not require full installation of the OSP Software Suite (except for creation of individuals/populations)
S. documentation of the new R-Toolbox for detailed description and usage examples.
(Re-)Qualification framework updated
OSP (Re-)Qualification framework is a technical framework to assess the confidence of specific intended use of the OSP platform. This framework allows for an automatic (re)-qualification workflow of the OSP suite. New release of the OSP (Re-)Qualification framework provides some improvements and bugfixes (s. below).
- (Re-)Qualification framework is not part of the OSP Suite setup (is only required for the creation of qualification reports) and must be installed separately. The latest release can be found here
- Full documentation of the (Re-)Qualification framework can be found here
Starting with the OSP Suite Release 9 Matlab-Toolbox development and support is stopped.
However it is still possible to use the latest available Matlab-Toolbox with PK-Sim and MoBi.
Instructions are given in this wiki
Fixed issues and Improvements
- Added support for user-defined observers
- Improved markdown creation
- Fixed corrupted image paths
- Added an option to specify sub plots of a ddi ratio plot
plotQualificationComparisonTimeProfilethrows an error if observed data is empty
- Fixed: default axes calculations for ddi ratio plots leads to uncommon plots in certain cases
- Fixed: In case of
observation n=1AUCR and CmaxR are mixed
- Fixed: Range in time profile plots
- Added: Pediatrics Ratio-plots grouping option (split by color and symbol)
PK-Sim and MoBi
- Fixed: Visual Feedback shows identical values for Best and Current
- Fixed: Copy to clipboard of graph broken on screen with 150% scaling
- Fixed: Memory Leak in aging simulations
- Plot of dissolution kinetics should rather be linear scaled
- Support for dimension generated by MoBi automatically
- Icon for individual should be set to species icon and not species name
- Fixed: Cannot confugure or clone a simulation after renaming of an administration protocol
- Fixed: Deactivated processes activated after reimport from snapshot
- Fixed: Error importing from a snapshot
- Fixed: User defined observers are not exported to snapshot and re-imported from snapshot
- Fixed: Crash when loading a PI recreated from snapshot
- Fixed: Context menu "Delete all subfolders and data" for "Comparisons" without function
- Fixed: Observed data error
- Fixed: Export/re-load of snapshot: transparency settings of colors is lost
- Fixed: Export to snapshot / reimport in PK-Sim alters protein reference concentration
- Fixed: Unable to open parameter optimization
- Fixed: PI is corrupted when referencing a process parameter that is removed from the simulation
- Fixed: AUCR and CmaxR wrong calculated in PL-Analysis if dose is changed in Simulation parameters
- Fixed: Issue when exporting snapshot with changed building block parameters in simulations
- Fixed: Wrong interaction factor