This is a minor release, focused on improvements to the network and an enhanced Discover experience.
This release uses version 0.13.3 of the openbazaar-go server. You can view server changes at this link:
- Listings in the Discover page and user's stores are now loaded by IPFS hash as well as IPNS lookup. In most cases this will cause the listing to load very quickly from IPFS. When the IPNS listing loads, if it is different from the IPFS data it will replace it. #1716
- When using the OB1 search provider, a category-based experience will be provided as a default. This more closely matches the experience on openbazaar.com. Other providers will use a normal search experience, as we can't be sure if they would supply the same data in the same format needed for the OB1 design. #1746
- When using a search provider that does not provide Tor endpoints, the search calls will use the provider's non-Tor endpoints instead. This is still secure, as traffic is still routed through Tor. Tor endpoints are used by some search provider's to get around issues with CDNs like Cloudflare. #1747
- The app is now using Electron version 4.1.3. #1745
- The block explorers have been updated to more privacy-focused websites. #1740
- A layout issue with some buttons was corrected. #1739
- Conditions on listings were not being shown due to a typo, they are now working. #1743
- An issue that caused the default image to sometimes not load in avatars with no data was fixed. #1754
We are actively translating the text in the OpenBazaar reference client. If you are interested in volunteering as a translator, you can sign up at https://www.transifex.com/ob1/openbazaar
A special thank you goes out to the many volunteers that provide translations, and to our testers that discovered important issues.