OpenCppCoverage is an open source code coverage tool for C++ under Windows.
The main usage is for unit testing coverage, but you can also use it to know the executed lines in a program for debugging purpose.
- Visual Studio support: Support compiler with program database file (.pdb).
- Non intrusive: Just run your program with OpenCppCoverage, no need to recompile your application.
- HTML reporting
- Line coverage.
- Run as Visual Studio Plugin: See here for more information.
- Jenkins support: See here for more information.
- Support optimized build.
- Exclude a line based on a regular expression.
- Child processes coverage.
- Coverage aggregation: Run several code coverages and merge them into a single report.
- Windows Vista or higher.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or higher all editions including Express edition. It should also work with previous version of Visual Studio.
OpenCppCoverage can be downloaded from here.
You can simply run the following command:
OpenCppCoverage.exe --sources MySourcePath* -- YourProgram.exe arg1 arg2
For example, MySourcePath can be MyProject, if your sources are located in C:\Dev\MyProject.