Note: OpenDominion is still in development. Some features of the game have not been implemented yet.
OpenDominion is a free and open-source clone of Dominion, an online text-based and persistent browser-based (PBBG) fantasy war game. OpenDominion is written in PHP on the Laravel framework.
The original Dominion, now defunct, was a game from Kamikaze Games which ran from about 2000 to 2012 until stopping indefinitely.
Original intro text: 
You have reached the online game Dominion. What is Dominion? It's a TOTALLY FREE online fantasy war game. You take control of a plot of land in a realm consisting of a group of other players. With your dominion and allied players, you combat the forces of good or evil using military, magic, or espionage. The goal? To finish at the top of the heap. To make your dominion and your realm the most powerful in the land, and to crush your enemies.
Although in development, OpenDominion is already playable as an open beta. See the links section below.
Status bars displayed here show the current state of a system or page. Pretty much everything that has some status is already present in one way or another on the open beta.
|Notifications||Needs refactoring and email digests|
|Races & Units|
This indicates which pages are functional. Some pages will be restyled or revisited upon building different functionality later.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
- Open Beta
- The open beta is used for development and testing purposes. Feel free to register and participate!
- To help you get started playing OpenDominion, consult the original Dominion's scribes and the old wiki's newbie guide for general gameplay information.
- Do note that not every functionality has been implemented yet in OpenDominion.
- This will be the main place for out of game communication, development talk and game announcements.
- Issue tracker
OpenDominion is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU AGPLv3 license.
Dominion and most of its game-related content (concept, mechanics, buildings, races etc) is/was a product of Kamikaze Games, Inc.
OpenDominion aims to be a free and open source remake, closely based on the original Dominion from Kamikaze Games, Inc. No copyright infringement intended.
All rights belong to their respective owners.
Shout-outs / Thanks
- Ross from Kamikaze Games Inc., for creating and running Dominion
- RedFox for creating DomSim
- BlackReign for his OOP sim
- All the people who contributed to the Dominion Encyclopedia
- Mevnie from Discord for creating the amazing Elf drawing on the homepage
- Other people and sites involved with Dominion and from the original Dominion community, including (but not limited to) Dreki, Fingal, Ladeda, Rio, Talium from igalaxie, Sparticus, Lala's Crypt and Mickles from DomHQ
- All the contributors to the OpenDominion project
- All the people who are participating in the open beta or otherwise being involved with the OpenDominion project