Please sign in to comment.
particle: Added logic to break closed loops
When a part of the tetrahedral decomposition is inverted, tracking along a straight line can result in a closed loop which never ends. This change adds a limit to the number of tracks that are done that end before or at the maximum distance already achieved. This breaks these closed loops and prevents the simulation from hanging. The particles do, however, end up in an incorrect position as a result of the tracking being abandoned at an intermediate point in the step. A warning is printed to indicate when this is occuring. This resolves bug report https://bugs.openfoam.org/view.php?id=3056
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 107 additions and 48 deletions.
- +0 −7 src/OpenFOAM/meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshTetDecomposition/tetIndices.C
- +0 −10 src/OpenFOAM/meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshTetDecomposition/tetIndices.H
- +7 −9 src/OpenFOAM/meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshTetDecomposition/tetIndicesI.H
- +1 −1 src/lagrangian/basic/Cloud/Cloud.C
- +64 −10 src/lagrangian/basic/particle/particle.C
- +21 −10 src/lagrangian/basic/particle/particle.H
- +8 −0 src/lagrangian/basic/particle/particleI.H
- +6 −1 src/lagrangian/basic/particle/particleIO.C