Please sign in to comment.
reactingEulerFoam: improvements to population balance modeling
Removed possibility for the user to specify a driftRate in the constantDrift model which is independent of a fvOptions mass source. The driftRate must be calculated from/be consistent with the mass source in order to yield a particle number conserving result. Made calculation of the over-all Sauter mean diameter of an entire population balance conditional on more than one velocityGroup being present. This diameter field is for post-processing purposes only and would be redundant in case of one velocityGroup being used. Solution control is extended to allow for solution of the population balance equation at the last PIMPLE loop only, using an optional switch. This can be beneficial in terms of simulation time as well as coupling between the population balance based diameter calculation and the rest of the equation system. Patch contributed by Institute of Fluid Dynamics, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden - Rossendorf (HZDR) and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 129 additions and 125 deletions.
- +3 −18 ...e/reactingEulerFoam/phaseSystems/populationBalanceModel/driftModels/constantDrift/constantDrift.C
- +5 −11 ...e/reactingEulerFoam/phaseSystems/populationBalanceModel/driftModels/constantDrift/constantDrift.H
- +112 −86 ...tingEulerFoam/phaseSystems/populationBalanceModel/populationBalanceModel/populationBalanceModel.C
- +5 −1 ...tingEulerFoam/phaseSystems/populationBalanceModel/populationBalanceModel/populationBalanceModel.H
- +0 −3 .../multiphase/reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam/laminar/bubbleColumnPolydisperse/constant/phaseProperties
- +0 −3 tutorials/multiphase/reactingTwoPhaseEulerFoam/RAS/bubbleColumnPolydisperse/constant/phaseProperties
- +4 −3 tutorials/multiphase/reactingTwoPhaseEulerFoam/RAS/bubbleColumnPolydisperse/system/fvSolution