OpenLineage is an Open standard for metadata and lineage collection designed to instrument jobs as they are running. It defines a generic model of run, job, and dataset entities identified using consistent naming strategies. The core lineage model is extensible by defining specific facets to enrich those entities.
OpenLineage is an LF AI & Data Foundation incubation project under active development, and we'd love your help!
- Duplication of effort: each project has to instrument all jobs
- Integrations are external and can break with new versions
- Effort of integration is shared
- Integration can be pushed in each project: no need to play catch up
A facet is an atomic piece of metadata attached to one of the core entities. See the spec for more details.
The specification is defined using OpenAPI and allows extension through custom facets.
The OpenLineage repository contains integrations with several systems.
- Marquez: Marquez is an LF AI & DATA project to collect, aggregate, and visualize a data ecosystem's metadata. It is the reference implementation of the OpenLineage API.
- Egeria: Egeria offers open metadata and governance for enterprises - automatically capturing, managing and exchanging metadata between tools and platforms, no matter the vendor.
- Website: openlineage.io
- Slack: OpenLineage.slack.com
- Not a member? Join here.
- Twitter: @OpenLineage
- Mailing list: openlineage-tsc
- Wiki: OpenLineage+Home
- LinkedIn: 13927795
- YouTube: channel
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Data+AI Summit June 2023. Cross-Platform Data Lineage with OpenLineage
- Berlin Buzzwords June 2023. Column-Level Lineage is Coming to the Rescue
- Berlin Buzzwords June 2022. Cross-Platform Data Lineage with OpenLineage
- Berlin Buzzwords June 2021. Observability for Data Pipelines with OpenLineage
- Data Driven NYC February 2021. Data Observability and Pipelines: OpenLineage and Marquez
- Big Data Technology Warsaw Summit February 2021. Data lineage and Observability with Marquez and OpenLineage
- Metadata Day 2020. OpenLineage Lightning Talk
- Open Core Summit 2020. Observability for Data Pipelines: OpenLineage Project Launch
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more details about how to contribute.
Report a Vulnerability
If you discover a vulnerability in the project, please open an issue and attach the "security" label.
Copyright 2018-2023 contributors to the OpenLineage project