Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
OpenOverlayRouter is a rename of the LISPmob project forked from the last version released (version 0.5.2.). OOR aims to deliver a flexible and modular open-source implementation to deploy programmable overlay networks. Major new functionalities since LISPmob last release include a new control plane to configure xTR devices through NETCONF and a new data plane based on VXLAN-GPE. For the full list of functionalities refer to the features section.
New functionalities since OOR 1.2
- NAT traversal support for RTRs and MSs
- OOR as a container with Dockers
- Quick creation of a VM with OOR using Vagrant
New functionalities since OOR 1.1
- VPP data plane support
- Modularize the network manager
- Replace proxy-etr by proxy-etr-ipv4 and proxy-etr-ipv6
New functionalities since OOR 1.0
- Experimental NAT traversal (xTR & MN)
- Bug fixes
New functionalities (since LISPmob 0.5.2):
- NETCONF support to configure xTR device:
- Add / Remove database mappings
- Add / Remove Map Servers
- Add / Remove Map Resolvers
- Packet encapsulation using VXLAN-GPE. Next protocol can be IPv4 or IPv6.
- Support for InstanceID (IID) and Virtual Network Identifier (VNI) at control and data plane. OOR doesn't support overlapping local prefixes with different IIDs.