Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
IRC / Reddit
Check out OpenRCT2 on gitter where development chat takes place.
What shall I work on?
Ensure that you do not work on something that someone else is already working on. To do so, please have a chat with developers at OpenRCT2's gitter.
- Changes to original game, for a list of changes and features that have been made and implemented so far.
- FAQ & Common Issues
- Required RCT2 Files for running the game.
- Known Issues from the RCT2 Readme
- Found bugs and limitations in RCT2
- Settings in config.ini for a list of settings that can be configured in config.ini.
- Using multiplayer
- Language support
- Loading RCT1 scenarios and data
- Coding Style
- Overall program structure (WIP)
- Features to Implement, for a list of features that are ready to be implemented right now without any more game functions being re-written.
- Feature Requests, for a list of features requests from the community.
- Dithering Images, for creating large images or realistic sprites that use the RCT2 palette.
- Improve the wiki pages.
- Improve Language support by helping to translate.
RCT2 Technical Information
- SV6 Ride Structure
- TD6 format
- Track Data
- game.cfg structure
- Strings used in the game
- Widget colours
- G1 Elements Layout
- OpenRCT2 Palette Spreadsheet
- Easter Eggs
Check out the wiki locally
You may find it more convenient to edit the wiki in a text editor on your own machine; if so, run
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2.wiki.git, edit, commit, and push as you see fit.