"OpenROV is a DIY telerobotics community centered around underwater exploration & adventure."
There are many projects that make up the software suites used in the OpenROV products which include the ROV (remote operated vehicles), the control system, and cloud services.
On the ROV
- openrov-rov-suite : Ties together the various projects in to a single distributable package.
- openrov-cockpit : For piloting and ROV control
- openrov-dashboard : For managing the services on the ROV
- openrov-image-customization : The customizations made to the Debian image to turn it in to an ROV image
- openrov-proxy : A service that lets the ROV tunnel its internet connections through the connected browser
- openrov-software-arduino : The firmware for the cape and controller board used in the ROV
- openrov-image : For generating SD card images for the ROV
- openrov-grunt-init-plugin : For creating scaffolding to quick start development of a plugin for the openrov-cockpit.
Related Non-Software repos
Getting latest software
If your looking for the latest stable software bundle for the ROV, it is listed on the ROV product page.
If your looking for the latest development image, please refer to the openrov-image readme.md
All software issues, regardless should be reported to this repositories issue list.
How to Contribute
Contributions require that you sign a CLA before the project can accept your pull requests.
For details on how to contribute please review the Contibuting guide
There are multiple licenses involved. Please refer to the individual projects for details.
Our intent is to provide dual licensed software that is free and hackable for non-commerical use and an option for those that do want to use it as part of a commercial offering.
Our documentation, hardware and electronics are licensed with Creative Commons licenses.
Please contact us with an issue on our forums if you need clarification about the licenses. You can send a Private Message to @badevguru via the forum if you have questions about other licensing options.