Cross Reference Detection
This service was created as a result of the OpenReq project funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under grant agreement No 732463.
The cross-reference detection tool is a Requirement Engineering (RE) tool used to identify cross-references from requirements. These requirements can be in a database, or in an HTML document. Cross-references are dependencies explicitly stated, either internal (between requirements of the same project), or external (between a requirement and an external source).
Next sections provide a general overview of the technical details of the dependency detection tool.
1. Cross-reference detection: HTML file
Uploads one document in HTML format to the server, extracts the cross-references of all the requirements in the document and finally removes the uploaded file.
- Indexed detection -> the component allows to extract the cross-references of the requirements between N-M indexes in the document.
2. Cross-reference detection: JSON project
Extracts the cross-references of all bugs and requirements of a project stored in an input JSON.
- Indexed detection -> the component allows to extract the cross-references between N-M indexes of all bugs and requirements of the input JSON.
- Swagger (→ https://swagger.io/ )
- Maven (→ https://maven.apache.org/ )
- jsoup: Java HTML Parser (→ https://jsoup.org/ )
How to install
The project does not require the addition of external dependencies or additional configuration. It can be built by running:
mvn clean install package
This generates a .jar file.
How to use it
You can take a look at the Swagger documentation here, which includes specific, technical details of the REST API to communicate to the service.
Notes for developers
- "Jsoup Java HTML Parser, with Best of DOM, CSS, and Jquery." Jsoup Java HTML Parser, with Best of DOM, CSS, and Jquery. Accessed March 11, 2019. https://jsoup.org/.
How to contribute
See OpenReq project contribution guidelines
Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the EPL version 2 (EPL2.0)