Open Ria Services is a framework for helping with the development of rich internet connected native "n-tier" applications. It is the evolved Open Source version of WCF RIA Services.
The source code and issue list is currently kept at github (https://github.com/OpenRiaServices/OpenRiaServices).
Some of ther features are:
- Client side entity change tracking similar in concept to Entity Framework
- Batch save (all or nothing) and undo functionality
- Excellent support for data binding in with built in support for validation, INotifyPropertyChanged, INotifyCollectionChanged ..
- Support for client side queries (where, orderby, skip, take ..)
- Saves you from having to duplicated lots of code on the server and client
- Code generation which generates code for client (Model and API) based on server code
- Automatically handles DTO creation and mapping based on attributes or configuration
- Allows sharing validation and other logic by using partial classes and automatic linking of files
Release Notes / Changelog
- A Change log is keept keeping track of changes made and write down release notes as features are developed
- Github releases with changes and Release Notes for specific versions are created when a new version is released to nuget.
- General Documentation is based on WCF RIA Services documentation and while not fully updated it is still relevant.
- Changes since WCF RIA Services can be found under https://github.com/OpenRIAServices/OpenRiaServices/releases) and Change log
- The wiki contains various good information
- The Roadmap / Vision might also be of interest
Contribution Guidelines can be found at https://github.com/OpenRIAServices/OpenRiaServices/wiki/Contribution-Guidelines
Here are the most common nuget packages and their current versions.