The OKD Orchestrator is the preferred tool for the formation of
OpenShift VRE deployments. The
standard-openstack directory seen here
is kept as a historical reference for the early (pre-orchestrator) deployments.
The role of the OKD Orchestrator is to provide a simplified
installation process that supports these types of deployments:
- simple one-server deployment for basic experimentation
- standard availability allowing moderate scaleability
- high availability providing a high levels of fault tolerance and scaleability
We anticipate at the very least to support these infrastructures:
- OpenStack - for flexible use and deployment to in-house clusters
- Amazon AWS - for robust cloud production deployments
- Google CE - for robust cloud production deployments
- Bare Metal - for custom/on-premise infrastructure
- Scaleway - for low cost cloud deployments
For further details and an installation guide refer to the orchestrator's built-in documentation.