The GA Deployment Workshop 2019
Material for the Deployment Workshop, 23 October 2019.
This is a hands-on workshop that shows how to deploy containerised applications to an OpenRiskNet Virtual Environment. It provides background information and simple examples of deploying applications.
Some basic understanding of using containers (e.g. Docker) is assumed.
- Setup - Instructions for getting started
- Tutorial 1 - Introduction to containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Exercise A - Deploying the PySimple container using the web console
- Tutorial 2 - Description of key Kubernetes objects
- Exercise B - Deploying the PySimple container using the CLI
- Exercise C - Deploying Lazar - a real world application
- Tutorial 3 - Introduction to persistent storage
- Exercise D - Deploying a persistent PySimple
- Tutorial 4 - Configuration
- Tutorial 5 - Probes and resource limits
- Tutorial 6 - Advanced deployment techniques
This workshop is loosely based around the content of the webinar that took place in June 2019.