Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the course wiki!
This course aims at exposing students and young researchers to the ideas and practices of reproducible and open science. It will take place at the University of Jyväskylä (Finland) on November 14th-22nd.
The course will present the key concepts of Open Science and will also have a strong practical component emphasizing how to improve a researcher's daily data management and analysis workflow, and will show how some basic good practices can facilitate the implementation of openness.
General description of the course
The course will have three main parts:
- Introductory lectures (1 day, in YAB310)
- Bootcamp (3 days, in MaD205)
- Open Science workshops (1 day, in YAB305 and YAA204)
- Wrap-up and discussion (0.5 day, in YAB310)
For more practical details:
- Course about Open Science at the University of Helsink (2015)
- Corresponding workshop about Open science, Helsinki (2015)
- A Quick Introduction to Version Control with Git and GitHub
- Best Practices for Scientific Computing
- Good Enough Practices for Scientific Computing
- Nine simple ways to make it easier to (re)use your data