Module 4: Open Research Data
The master branch is used for deployment on eliademy and the opensciencemooc book. Development happens on other branches. If you are part of the development team please go there: https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC/Module-4-Open-Research-Data/tree/development
Open research data refers to the publishing of the data underpinning scientific research results so that they have no restrictions on their access. Openly sharing data opens it up to inspection and re-use, forms the basis for research verification and reproducibility, and opens up a path to broader collaboration. In this module, you will gain insight into the importance of data sharing for reproducible research and how to curate and share your own research data.
At the end of this module, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of embracing open data practices.
- Recognize the importance of data documentation (metadata), by getting familiarized with the FAIR principles and the research data management concepts.
- Identify data format issues and their relation to data archiving and analysis.
- Publish data in a data repository relevant to their scientific discipline or community.
Core Development team
- Julien Colomb
- Juliana Raffaghelli
- Nithiya Streethran
- Samuel Guay
- Eliane Blumer
Wanna help, be welcome and please join:
- our GitHub team here: https://open-science-mooc-invite.herokuapp.com/
- our conversations on Zulip: https://opensciencemooc.zulipchat.com/join/zko8og3jcwiy373wmbrv2un0/
- or simply use the issue link up here to write us your comments.
Dear development team, since the master branch is used for production, we will use this "development" branch as our main development site. It means that here are the latest stable changes to be found.
Please do not commit on this branch directly, but create a new branch and make changes on that branch. Then create a pull request from your new branch to this branch "development". This will make sure that:
- The development history will be easier to follow.
- The workflow will be easier if there are conflicting changes, done by different team members.
- We will be able to review every change as a team.
Code of conduct
All modules of the Open Science MOOC are released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.