A repository for materials and issues related to the Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) itself as a community and project.
Materials here represent the organizations and people participating formally in the Joint Roadmap, listed on the website, and included in communications. Joining formally is not required to participate informally in Joint Roadmap activities. Visit the website to explore different ways to stay informed and participate informally.
Join the Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools
To join the Joint Roadmap community formally as an organization or individual, please follow these steps:
- Explore existing participants to familiarize yourself with our community and make sure we are a good fit for you. Formally participating organizations are not-for-profit organizations, institutions, projects, or communities that develop and steward open-source science tools and their ecosystem. Individuals participating formally are typically scholars, technologists, or other practitioners with deep commitments to open science.
- Start participating informally: engage in Joint Roadmap communications, meetings and activities.
- When you're ready to join formally, provide information about your organization and/or yourself by opening an issue in this repository. If you are joining as an organization, please make sure to include at least one person to serve as a representative for that organization.
- The Joint Roadmap does not include information like email addresses in the public information collected here, so once you have filed an issue to join, please email email@example.com to provide a contact email address and make sure we know you are requesting to join.
- We will work with you to finalize your formal participation, list you in the Joint Roadmap website, and include you in formal communications, meetings, and activities.