OpenSeizureDetector : OSDWatch
OSDWatch is (or rather will be) a custom wrist watch with sensors for seizure detection, and the associated software to use it as a seizure alarm system.
It is in a very early state of development!
- Provide a battery life of at least 12 hours (preferably 24 hours) per charge.
- Monitor acceleration (to allow the equivalent system to the Pebble seizure detector)
- Communicate with a mobile device (phone or tablet) to provide an alarm system (so we can use the existing OpenSeizureDetector android app framework).
- Monitor additional paramaters as space and battery life allows, such as heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, skin temperature, skin conductivity.
- ESP32 microcontroller module with integral bluetooth radio
- ADXL345 accelerometer
- Max30102 heart rate and blood oxygen saturation sensor
- OLED dislay
- LiPo battery charge controller.
- FreeRTOS based system (for portability if we change microcontroller)
- Tasks to carry out the following functions:
- I2C hardware interface (so different tasks do not try to access the I2C bus at the same time)
- Communications Interface (To handle communication with the parent android device)
- Acceleration Handler (set up the acceleration sensor, and maintain a buffer of acceleration data, by responding to interrupts from the sensor)
- Display Handler (update the display periodically)
- Handlers for other sensors
- Analysis Task - periodically analyse the sensor data to perform seizure detection.
- Logging Task - periodically log data to the parent android device or local storage for future analysis.