Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86.exe 120 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86.exe.torrent 9.86 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.AppImage 152 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.AppImage.torrent 12.3 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.dmg 133 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.dmg.torrent 10.9 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.exe 120 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.3-x86_64.exe.torrent 9.85 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
- Bumping version to 2.4.3 (libopenshot dependency to 0.2.2)
- Disable OMP thread concurrency during Export, to make exports as safe as possible
- Nudge clips when holding SHIFT + Left or Right arrow (Richard Alloway N3WWN)
- Animated Masks: New "reader" propety type, initially used by the Mask effect to change the image/video used by transitions and the Mask effect
- Add Save Current Frame button (Richard Alloway N3WWN)
- New translation & language infrastructure and logic (better logic for determining current language) (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Fixed split keep both sides (right side position was incorrect)
- Application icon updates (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Zoom fixes (lots of issues relating to zooming fixed)
- Undo/Redo fixes (fixing and preventing giant .osp project files)
- New tutorial system, better child window management (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Travis CI Integration
- Improve Title filename duplication naming/counting (DerGenaue)
- Use track names in "Add To Timeline" window (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Improve waveform display rendering (DerGenaue)
- Fix audio wave not rendered after completion (DylanC)
- Add instagram and twitter presets (DylanC)
- Add AppStream metadata to setup.py (Peter Eszlari)
- Timeline cleanup and performance, upgrade Angular.js (DylanC)
- Removing libdrm.so.2 from AppImage
- Add src/language path to Mac DMG builder (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Add language override on command line using --lang (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Add explanatory text for --list-lang (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Some fixes for the timeline debugger (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Update edit-clear icon in Humanity (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Correct variable name typo to initialize properly (DylanC)
- Convert all nonesential logs to .debug() (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Remove unused effects filters (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Add "Ask a Question" template (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Preventing libopenshot version check on unittests
- More framerates for YouTube HD and Vimeo HD presets (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Convert (most) files with DOS line-endings to Unix (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Remove debug.js from index.html (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Square the PNG icon file (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- App metadata updates for easier packaging (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Move Slice All shortcuts to correct menu (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- launch-linux.sh: Don't set QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 (Frank Dana ferdnyc)
- Updating default project type to 720p 30 FPS, and sample rate 44100
- Fix retention of export path (Richard Alloway N3WWN)
- Fixing GitLab to no longer run CI for tags, and fixing version # for daily and release builds
- Add "release-candidate" to filename for daily RC builds, so they don't look so official on the website
- Misc Typos and text fixes (luzpaz)
- Updating contributors and supporters (Thank You!)
- Updating translations
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86.exe 118 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86.exe.torrent 9.74 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.AppImage 133 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.AppImage.torrent 10.9 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.dmg 123 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.dmg.torrent 10.1 KB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.exe 118 MB
- OpenShot-v2.4.2-x86_64.exe.torrent 9.73 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
- 7 New Effects (Crop, Hue, Color Shift, Pixelate, Bars, Wave, Shift)
- Auto Audio Mixing
- Auto Rotate
- Improved Audio Playback
- Improved Stability
- Improved Export Dialog
- New Codec Support (including experimental)
- Growing Team of Developers
- Dramatically Improved Build System
libopenshot-audio 0.1.6 so:6
- Fix under-linking (pthread and dl), fixes 3
- Integration of GitLab build pipelines
libopenshot 0.2.0 so:15
- Auto audio mixing strategy per clip (average, reduce, or none)
- Adding new crop effect, which can also be animated for some very cool effects.
- Adding new Color Shift effect, which can shift any color (RGBA) with infinite wrapping (and full supports animation).
- Adding new Pixelate video effect, which pixelates a portion (or all) of a frame's image, and is fully animatable.
- Adding new video effect: Bars, which allow for animating colored bars around your video, such as a letterbox effect.
- Adding new wave video effect, which can be animated in a ton of ways to create lots of cool wave distortion effects.
- Adding Hue video effect, to adjust the hue of a frame's image, which can also be animated with a keyframe
- Adding new effect: Shift, an infinite pixel shifting effect which can be animated and wrap images in any direction.
- Auto-Rotates any Clip with Reader metadata 'rotate' attribute.
- Experimental codecs now supported in FFmpeg/LibAV
- Audio popping during preview (due to resampling)
- Fixing brightness and Mask effects to calculate factor with a float type, giving more fine control
- Fix Blur.cpp by copying blur_ values back to so horizontal and vertical blurs can be applied in one effect and blur accumulates with increased iterations
- Update and apply frame mapper on any clip changes, to keep timeline offsets in sync (i.e. avoid audio popping due to slight misalignments of clips on the timeline).
- Removing old frames from WorkingCache (when no longer needed). This helps prevent freezing looking for old frame data on certain videos.
- Adding metadata from format, audio stream, and video streams to ReaderBase.info, which in some cases includes the 'rotate' metadata added by certain cameras, and audio metadata like title, album, artist, copyright, dates, etc...
- Added in metadata encoding capabilities (writer.info.metadata["title"] = "My Title"). Only certain tag names are accepted (see FFmpeg for more on which tags are supported by which codecs).
- Optimize and improve speed of Mask effect (used by transitions). This is way faster than before!
- Fixing assignement and copy operators on Frame class (to prevent crashes for unintiailized image and audio pointers), and ensuring both copy and assignment operators work as expected.
- Fixing the color property of Frames, which was being lost on some constructors.
- Increase valid frame rates to 240 fps since many cameras now support this higher frame rate
- Fixing regression on Clip constructor, and simplifying pointer initialization
- Fixing a bug with Frame::AddImage (convertToFormat) not actually doing anything. It returns a new image, and does not convert the format in-place.
- Preventing crash if Seek invoked before QtPlayer are initialized properly
- FFMPEG 3.2 support for FFmpegWriter
- FFMPEG 3.2 support for FFmpegReader
- Fixing FFmpeg version breakage in FFmpegWriter
- Increasing the default amount of cache in FFmpeg, based on the # of processors, to better support high framerate videos.
- Changing some Seek values to be more accurate, and fixes a race condition with Timeline_Tests.cpp.
- Changing some sleep() calls to usleep(), for more accuracy. This is a bit experimental, and hopefully will work on all OSes.
- Do not clobber gainFactor when determining volume adjustments and add a TODO note about current_max_volume always being 0
- Removing anchor from clip properties (since it is unused)
- Adding "dbghelp" dependency for Windows builds (for crash handling support), and improved Windows build instructions using MSYS2.
- Properly set test media files path, fixes 36
- Fixing black frames at end of video clips, if audio stream longer than video stream, and end-of-stream is reached.
- Integration of GitLab build pipelines
- Faster Windows builds
- Fixing audio unit tests
- Avoid mixing audio for clips with no volume or disabled audio.
- Updating cmake file for libopenshot-audio to search $ENV first, and then static folders
- Add missing type cast
- Spelling and typo fixes
- More detailed export dialog progress, including estimate time remaining, FPS, and more accurate percentage. Thanks Peter!
- Defaulting to AAC audio codec
- Improving zoom scale calculation, to use a custom bezier curve (zoom gets faster and faster the more you zoom out). 30 levels of precision between 1 second and 7200 seconds.
- Auto-rotate for Readers with 'rotate' metadata. This requires a slightly newer version of FFmpeg, otherwise the 'rotate' tag is never found.
- Adding new Crop video effect
- Adding new Color Shift video effect (with temp icon)
- Adding Pixelate video effect, which can animate a pixelated version of part (of all) of a video clip.
- Adding new Bars video effect, which allow for animating colored bars around your video, such as a letterbox effect.
- Adding new Wave video effect
- Adding Hue video effect
- Adding new Shift effect (which allows for shifting the image in any direction and allows for animation, with infinite wrapping)
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows builds, and an update to the Windows dependencies (and installer size reduction).
- 32-bit version of Windows is now large address aware, and can make use of more memory, but users might need to run this command first: 'bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072' in order to utilize this
- No longer crash app if user settings cannot be read. Now we show a message box and reset the user settings.
- Adding save indicator in window title
- Retain track parameters during add/remove track
- Update titles to be compatible with newer versions of Inkscape
- Always apply mapper when opening a project, to ensure no audio starts popping for different framerate projects
- Split Clip dialog now sends focus back to slider after clicking 'Start' or 'End' or 'Play' (to make it easier for frame-by-frame arrow keys)
- Make clip and transition menus trigger on mouse-down, and not move the timeline item when the menu is activate
- Removing max constrains from export length, so user can export blackness at the end of his project if so desired.
- Disabling/Enabling save icon based on if the project needs saving
- Add preset xml file for chromebook target
- Removing unneeded 64-bit/32-bit clean-up code from Windows installer (which breaks on a 32-bit system)
- Fix initial save indicator on a new (blank) project
- Also use import_path for missing-file recovery
- Add import_path tracking to project data
- Updating mac build scripts to use Python 3.6 (with a newer version of OpenSSL)
- Preview controls use media-skip icons
- New razor-tool cursor
- Adding new developer page to documentation, with step by step instructions on getting a Ubuntu development environment setup for libopenshot, libopenshot-audio, and openshot-qt.
- Position is always (frame - 1) / fps
- Utility functions for unit conversion
- Be more explicit about logfile paths
- Adding back in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfontconfig.so.1 to the AppImage
- Rename dv_pal_wide_animorphic to correct spelling
- Remove duplicate profiles
- Protect slack upload better during build server
- Updating sponsors, donors, and contributors
- Updating translations
- Change the if statement for default language to use system default
- Copy log file for each successful build (for debugging reasons)
- Use QUrl.toLocalFile() to convert dropped URIs
- Add Contributing section
- Update Tutorial, Code tags and contrib link
- Update GitHub info in tutorial
- Use images/ path for images, not _static/ in documentation
- Fix wrapping in Tutorial documentation
- Replace ASCII arrows with Unicode arrow character in documentation
- Also update transition layer on track add/remove
- Small refactor of build server file uploads, and added extra check for 'already uploaded' assets to GitHub
- Improve error message for failed uploads during build server
- Remove torrents if already existing
- Integration of GitLab build pipelines
- Updating font family on built-in titles
- Remove some unneeded copies of libopenshot and libopenshot-audio in the AppImage, reducing size of AppImage
- Fixing issue with Linux AppImage creation on build server
- Migrating from Bzr to Git (on Launchpad)
- Delete old ISSUE_TEMPLATE
- Correct a cut-and-paste wrong comment
- Fixing copyright to use translation-friendly formatting, and hiding hardware decode preference (for now)
- Update websites section and removal of too many caps
- Change readme to be markdown
- Log length of metrics response, not content
- Updated copyrights to 2018 (from 2016). Also edited
about.pyso the year is automatically updated.
- Adding a few missing dependencies into the developer doc page
- .gitignore: ignore docs/_build & all pycache
- Implementing GitFlow for project (develop, release, and master branches)
- Protected branches (on all repos), preventing direct pushes
- Must pass unit tests and status checks before merges allowed
- Must go through the Pull/Merge Request flow to be merged into a protected branch
- Automated git repo syncing between GitHub->GitLab->Launchpad
- Automated GitLab CI build pipelines (all builds, tests, installers, daily installers, are run through GitLab CI now)
- Builds and installers also support any branch, making feature branches and test branches much more useful, since we can share installers for them
- Peter M
- Rich A
- Louis S
- Beau N
- Dr. Tobias
Openshot-qt (full list of changes)
- Fixing small regression with translation website URLs when using default/en_US
- Fixing small bug in Export dialog where profile and quality get blown away when changing format
- Ignoring history update messages, since libopenshot doesn't care about them
- Simplifying export progress, reducing # of signals being emitted
- Integrating current language into website URLs and simplifying a few translations (removing HTML tags)
- Removing unneeded UTF8 encode method, which caused certain project paths to fail when loading (solves crash on Windows trying to open non-English project file paths)
- Adding keyboard shortcuts for toggling 'Transform' and 'Insert Keyframe'. This improves the animation work-flow, and no longer requires a bunch of mouse clicks / context menus for animations.
- Preventing overwriting an input file with the export dialog, and updating export progress on export window title (thanks Peter)
- Updating translations and contributor credits
Libopenshot (full list of changes)
- More experimental critical sections trying to prevent race conditions on high CPU core systems
- Additional omp critical sections around adding frame images
- Experimental codec lookup by name in FFmpegWriter, which should solve a few issues (such as xvid support). Thanks Peter!
- Fixing regression (I think) with rotation origin. Things should always rotate around the center of an object (until I add in keyframable origin points)
- Setting timebase on video stream in FFmpegWriter... a bit experimental
- Improving playback smoothness on high framerate videos, especially when the video frames need to jump forward to keep up with the audio
- Removing throw statements from header files (thanks Peter)
- Reducing # of scale operations to 1 per layer on the timeline.
- Fixing 16 thread limit on FFmpegReader
- Fixing a cast from long to int64_t
- Big update! Updating all "long int" frame number types to int64_t, so all 3 OSes will produce the same depth and precision on frame numbers.
- Removing variable bitrate support (for now), since it causes more problems than it solves.
Improved stability, improved undo/redo system, new freeze preset menu, new export settings (video only, audio only, image sequences)
- Bumping version to 2.4.0 (min libopenshot version 0.1.8)
- Protect file menu from invalid file_id
- Protect timeline dropEvent from empty item_id
- Cloaking timeline body until Angular loads fully (so we don't see the occasional pop-in debug layout)
- Updating translations and supporters
- Improving undo/redo support. Now the last X number of undo/redo actions are stored in the project file. The number can be adjusted in the prefences, under the auto-save tab. This also vastly improves the usefulness of the auto-save system, since it saves your undo/redo history as well.
- Fixed Image Sequence exporting. Supports PNG, JPG, PPM, BMP and a few others. Also added 'Audio Only' and 'Video Only' export options.
- Adding new Freeze and Freeze & Zoom presets, to quickly insert freezes into clips. Removing 'show waveform' from separate audio menu, to increase speed of separating audio. Bumping version to 2.3.4-dev3. Adding new translation templates.
- Bumping version to 0.1.8 (SO version 13)
- Prevent crashes related to too many threads (on 24+ thread systems)
- Migrating tr1 to std, adding C++11 support to build scripts, fixing crash in FFmpegReader (caused by shared_ptr, buffer, and last_video_frame corruption). Much improved stability with this change. Thanks to Craig and Peter for the help!
- Fixing crash on Ubuntu build server
- Fixed a strange bug related to exporting image sequences. The filename property was not being set on the AVFormatContext. Also fixed a bug when exporting to JPEG image sequences related to max_b_frames and certain codecs.
- Fixing issue with incorrect image size caches, which results in blurry/smudgy scaling on certain things.
- Fix issue with loading time curves that are never processed (i.e. have no values)
- Adding additional locks when adding/changing audio data. Reducing FrameMapper to a single frame at a Fixing crash on Time keyframes where it would sometimes calculate an invalid frame number.
- Fixing audio pops when stacking multiple clips with different offsets (pretty big issue for some people, just depending on your source framerates and position/start of clips).
- Removing nested OMP processing from FrameMapper. Adding lock inside time mapping (to prevent crashes when speeding up/slowing down clips). Adding omp critial lock to Frame GetAudioChannelsCount() and GetAudioSamplesCount() methods.
Bumping version to 2.3.4 (min libopenshot version to 0.1.7)
Bumping version number, and updating minimum libopenshot version
Merge branch 'master' of github.com:OpenShot/openshot-qt
Bumping version to 2.3.0
v2.2.0 Bumping version for 2.2.0