What is the SwitchBot opensource project?
SwitchBot is a smart IoT robot to mechanically control all your switches and buttons. You can control the bot by your smartphone app (iOS or Android, SwitchLink, or other platform based on our open APIs.
The python-host distribution is supported and tested on Python 2.7.
How to Install?
On Raspberry Pi. You will need:
- A Raspberry Pi 3 or A Raspberry Pi 2 plugged with a Bluetooth dongle.
- A SwitchBot.
- An SD Card with a fresh install of Raspbian (tested against the latest build 2017-01-11 Jessie with Pixel).
- Boot your fresh Pi and open a command prompt.
- Install the require library.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-pexpect sudo apt-get install libusb-dev libdbus-1-dev libglib2.0-dev sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libical-dev libreadline-dev sudo pip install bluepy
- Clone this repo to the Pi.
git clone https://github.com/OpenWonderLabs/python-host.git
- run the python code.
You can use in two ways:
- Scan and control by device name.
sudo python switchbot.py
- Follow the instruction, input the device number for SwitchBot you want to control.
- Control SwitchBot by MAC address. (MAC address should be retrived in advanced)
sudo python switchbot.py [mac_addr action_cmd]
action_cmd :Press, Turn On, Turn Off.
eg: sudo python switchbot.py xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Press
- Python 3 and new bluetooth stack support
switchbot.py script will work only on Python 2 and it relies on the old Bluez utils (like
hcitool) that have been deprecated in the latest Bluez releases.
If you want to use the script on Python 3 or on a Linux distro that no longer ships Bluez with the old tools, use the switchbot_py3.py script instead.
To install the required dependencies on Ubuntu/Debian/Raspbian:
apt-get install python3-pip pip3 install pybluez apt-get install libboost-python-dev apt-get install libboost-thread-dev pip3 install gattlib
If for some reason the gattlib installation fails:
pip3 download gattlib tar xvzf ./gattlib-0.20150805.tar.gz cd gattlib-0.20150805/ sed -ie 's/boost_python-py34/boost_python-py35/' setup.py pip3 install .
python3 switchbot_py3.py --help for usage tips.
Thanks to contributors:
Share your words in our community.