dns container for custom aliases
- You maintain a lot of domains, steadily growing.
- Your docker-compose.yaml already has way too many aliases for your LB.
- You want to update the dns list automatically without patching the compose file.
- Write a DNS Server that sits in your compose environment, and enables you to define mappings
This is what this experiment was about. And it worked.
Since it's an experiment there is not much config options.
Define the aliases in dnsserver/data/alias
The rest should be obvious from docker-compose.yaml or the go code.
Restrictions for the docker-compose setup:
- you need to attach your docker services via IP address to this DNS Service
- so you need to define a docker network
Since this project was a just a quick try, there are no unit tests yet. But to hold the code stable there is at least a functional test.
Go simply rocks
It was fun to implement using go and those nice libraries: