Orchard Core consists of two distinct projects:
- Orchard Core Framework: An application framework for building modular, multi-tenant applications on ASP.NET Core.
- Orchard Core CMS: A Web Content Management System (CMS) built on top of the Orchard Core Framework.
The software is finished -- and by finished, we mean there are no show-stopping, little-children-killing bugs in it. That we know of. There are probably numerous lower-priority bugs triaged into the next point release or service pack, as well.
Here is a more detailed roadmap.
- Clone the repository using the command
git clone https://github.com/OrchardCMS/OrchardCore.gitand checkout the
- Install the latest version of the .NET SDK from this page https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
- Next, navigate to
- Then open the
http://localhost:5000URL in your browser.
- Download Visual Studio 2022 (v17.5+) from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
OrchardCore.slnand wait for Visual Studio to restore all Nuget packages.
OrchardCore.Cms.Webis the startup project and run it.
docker run --name orchardcms -p 8080:80 orchardproject/orchardcore-cms-linux:latest
The documentation can be accessed here: https://docs.orchardcore.net/
This project is supported by the .NET Foundation.