OS VectorMap District Full Colour style
These are QML files for OS VectorMap District in GML format for use in QGIS.
They have been designed to work with the data as it is supplied.
Quick start guide
1. Fork or download the contents of this repository
2. Copy the font file 'OS_VMDistrict.otf' into your systems font directory (on Windows machines this is (C:\Windows\Fonts). Replace any previous version
Your machine may require a restart to recognise this new font
3. Open a new, blank map in QGIS
4. Navigate to Project > Properties... in the top left of the window, and under the 'General' tab change the Background colour to R 252 B 252 G 250
5. Click on the 'Add Vector Layer' button and navigate to the stylesheets folder and the directory that mathces your dataformat, stylesheets format and style preference
6. Select each of the required layers and click 'OK'
7. Double-click on a layer to access the 'Layer Properties' window > click on 'Load Style...' > navigate to the directory containing the QML files (those ending .qml) > select the QML file that corresponds to that layer > click 'Open' > click 'OK'
Repeat step 7 for all layers
8. Although every feature is styled, for use as a contextual map our recommended layer order is shown below. Layers can be dragged to reorder accordingly
We recommend viewing the map between 1:10,000 and 1:25,000 for maximum legibility
Your map should now look similar to this:
Our QML files are created in QGIS 2.8.1 and we believe are compatible with any previous QGIS v2.x
'Hidden' features can be activated either through the checkbox or by changing their opacity from 0 to 100 percent
By using these stylesheets you are accepting the terms of the Open Government Licence