Hey, I'm Ori
I'm an independent Developer and DevOps from Israel
My recent and on-going open source / public work
- Leading development of a big data platform aggregating real-time public transportation data
- Writing articles for Incredibuild
- Leading development of a serverless platform for Kamatera
- Developing infrastructure automation drivers and tools for Kamatera (a cloud infrastructure provider). Including drivers for Terraform, LibCloud, Salt, Ansible, Docker Machine, as well as a custom CLI:
- Managing multi-tenant Kubernetes infrastructure for Hasadna's datacity project] - with the goal of helping local municipalities improve their open data publishing flows. Building on and improving previous work I did on a more global scale for Datopian
- Developing extensions and improving the CKAN core and ecosystem - an Open Source data portal platform
- Contributions to core CKAN / extensions: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/commits?author=OriHoch https://github.com/datopian/ckanext-s3filestore/commits?author=OriHoch okfn/ckanext-s3filestore#33 ckan/ckan#5507
- extension for Hasadna's datacity: https://github.com/hasadna/ckanext-datacity
- developing and maintaining Israel's biggest open data publishing site: https://github.com/orihoch/data4dappl
- Managing multi-tenant infrastructure as code Kubernetes infrastructure for Hasadna's projects -
My close source work
I'm working as an independenct developer for various clients, providing the following services:
- DevOps - Designing and implementing solutions for continuous integration / deployment, optimizing infrastructure and development workflows.
- Systems architecture - researching and designing solutions for system architecture and best practices.
- Software development - implementing new solutions and modifying existing code to answer any requirements as needed.
To check out my work before I ventured into the freelancing world, check out my LinkedIn profile