sync - updates the current branch with all relevant changes
git town sync [--all]
Synchronizes the current branch with the rest of the world.
When run on a feature branch
- syncs all ancestor branches
- pulls updates for the current branch
- merges the parent branch into the current branch
- pushes the current branch
When run on the main branch or a perennial branch
- pulls and pushes updates for the current branch
- pushes tags
Additionally, when there is a remote upstream, the main branch is synced with its upstream counterpart.
--all Syncs all local branches