Experienced full stack software engineer with proven record of implementing real business solutions.
- location: Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- phone: 414-534-4731
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- linkedin: linkedin.com/in/benosborne
- github: github.com/osbornesupremacy
- stackoverflow: stackoverflow.com/users/4117922
I am an experienced software engineer, passionate about building solutions that create value for organizations.
In my career I’ve worked as a software developer, development team lead, and application development manager. In my current role as an software architect, I provide designs, prototypes, patterns, standards, and mentoring for my team members and organization.
I am most experienced with the Microsoft ecosystem, particularly .NET (Core and Framework) web and Windows applications with SQL Server databases. Additionally, I enjoy learning new technologies as needs and opportunities arise.
I enjoy practicing and advocating for SOLID design principles, as well as DevOps disciplines.
- .NET (Framework–.NET 6) - Web Applications (Web API / MVC / Webforms), Windows Services, console applications, mainly with C#.
- Libraries - AutoMapper, Dapper, EntityFramework, Serilog, AutoFac, Swagger, Json.NET
- Testing Libraries - Moq, AutoFixture, Bogus, FluentAssertions, xUnit
- SQL Server (2000—2019) - Stored procedures, functions, windowing, table-value parameters, indexing
- Azure - App Services, SQL Databases, Application Insights, KeyVault, Function Apps
- Misc. - PowerShell, Docker, IdentityServer, SpecFlow, Artillery.io, R
- In Progress - Blazor, SignalR
- Future - F#, Event-driven Architecture
- In Progress - Domain Driven Design, Release It!
- Recently Finished - The DevOps Handbook, The Unicorn Project, Beyond the Phoenix Project, Critical Chain
- All-time Favorites - The Phoenix Project, The Goal, Atomic Habits, Essentialism
Software Architect (2020-11—Present)
- Helped design and implement architecture for backend API (.NET Core 3.1), which was part of a complete UI rewrite of organization's flagship web application.
- Created code and architectural standards for backend development team.
- Designed and implemented prototype applications for processing health data.
Software Development Team Lead (2019-09—2020-10), Software Developer (2017-05—2019-08)
- Developed windows microservices to facilitate data integrations with multiple vendors, and subsequent processing of that data.
- Developed and deployed mock web APIs to Azure to help develop and test our API consumption services.
- Led the effort to adopt unit testing, creating patterns and standards for the team.
Senior Application Developer (2014-06—2017-05)
- Full stack ASP.NET development and support
- Created new Intranet built on .NET Framework MVC, training other developers on that methodology.
- Created modules for invoice dispute resolution, recruiting, licensing, phone call / SMS automation, code violation tracking.
- Established automated functionality testing for web applications using Selenium.
- Established Continuous Integration
- Transitioned codebase from SourceSafe to Team Foundation System. Implemented source control for SQL Server DBs.
Application Development Manager (2012-06—2014-10)
- Managed a team of ASP.NET / SQL Server developers, responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting a variety of ASP.NET web applications and data integrations.
- Standardized career path, job titles, job descriptions, and salary range for development team.
- Worked directly with customers to design and implement integrations and modules to facilitate online benefits enrollment and reporting.
Software Developer (1999-07—2012-05)
- Key member of the team responsible for developing, improving, and supporting organization's flagship product, which was an online benefits enrollment web application.
- Helped the system mature, developing patterns and integrations with dozens of vendors (e.g. medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible spending account administrators, HRIS systems, payroll systems, etc.)
- B.A., Philosophy
- Graduated cum laude, 2000
- Political Science minor
- Attended from 1995—1996