A curated list of amazingly awesome Arabic supporting tools, fonts, and development resources.
Programming Language specific resources that support Arabic
- libitl2 - A library for Islamic calendar and prayer times.
- [Qt]: ArabicNumberToWord, Convert numbers and amounts from numeric to Arabic words.
- goarabic - a Go Lang package for dealing with Arabic text.
- NumberToArabicWords - Arabic numbers to words.
- RemoveTashkeel.java - Removes Arabic diacritics (tashkeel تشكيل) from any file almost instantly.
- Fix Arabic Numbers - Simple Moment.js style library that changes Arabic numbers (١٢٣...) into (123...)
- bidiweb - Determine the base direction of paragraphs and adjust them accordingly.
- moment-hijri - A Hijri calendar (based on Umm al-Qura calculations) plugin for moment.js.
- aln9 - A lightweight markup language designed for Arabic text.
- circular-arabic - Write Arabic words in a circle or arc using the Canvas element
- Oktob.js - Force typing in Arabic letters (ex: replaces "a" with "ض" for AZERTY keyboard scheme)
- Ar-PHP - A set of PHP classes developed to enhance Arabic web applications by providing set of tools includes stem-based searching, translitiration, soundex, Hijri calendar, charset detection and converter, spell numbers, keyboard language, Muslim prayer time, auto-summarization, and more...
- The PHP League Website in Arabic.
- arabicdatetime - Easy and useful tool to get arabic date with arabic characters for laravel 5.1.
- ar2en - Renames Arabic files and directories into English recursively.
- Arabish - Arabic transliteration in Python. Similar to Yamli.com, Google Ta3reeb, and Microsoft Maren.
- date-extractor - Extracts dates from text in Arabic and other languages
- hijra - Hijri Islamic Calendar utils in python.
- PyArabic - Arabic text tools for Python.
- pyarabicshaping - Port of GNU FriBidi's Arabic shaping to Python.
- pyIslam - Python library to calculate prayer times, hijri date, qiblah direction and more.
- python-arabic-reshaper - Reconstruct Arabic sentences to be used in applications that don't support Arabic.
- Django with Arabic Settings
- Manshar - Arabic social publishing platform.
Natural Language Processing
Tools that either are made for Arabic or support Arabic
- Apache Lucene Arabic Light Stemmer A lucene analyzer that implements light-stemming as specified by: Light Stemming for Arabic Information Retrieval.
- arabicstemmer - Snowball-based light stemmer algorithm for Arabic, aimed mainly to improve search.
- Khoja Stemmer - Shereen Khoja Arabic stemmer (java). Another implementation exists for the same algorithm (java as well).
- Mishkal - Arabic text vocalization software written in Python, website: http://tahadz.com/mishkal.
- Arabic-Conjugator - Conjugates MSA verbs given three root letters, verb form, tense, and pronoun.
- Qutrub - FOSS Arabic verbs conjugator
- YaraSpell - simplified Arabic spelling checker.
- Arabic NLP - Collection of various Arabic NLP and Text Processing Scripts and Utilities.
- arabic_nlp - Tools to normalise and derive sentiment from Arabic text.
- Minteeq - مِنطيق - Opensource/free Arabic text to speech solution based on eSpeak.
- Python NLTK
- Ruby-based nlp_arabic - A ruby gem that contains Natural Language Processing tools for Arabic.
CSS resources that support RTL languages
- Bootstrap 2.x & 3.x RTL.
- Bootstrap 3 RTL - RTL Theme for Bootstrap v3.x.
- Foundation 5 - A CSS framework that natively supports RTL layouts.
- bi-app-less - writing bi-directional stylesheets in less
Modern arabic web fonts
- Frutiger Arabic
- Amiri Font - a classical Arabic typeface in Naskh style for typesetting books and other running text.
- Flat font - arabic font (Only Regular weight is available for free)..
- Jozoor font - Jozoor arabic font (Only Regular weight is available for free).
- sahl-naskh - A fork of Droid Arabic Naskh font fixing some of the issues in the original font.
Open Arabic Datasets
- LABR - Large Scale Arabic Book Reviews Dataset.
- Large Arabic Resources For Sentiment Analysis.
- Arabic Stop Words - Long list of Arabic stop words combined from different sources.
Learning materials written for Arabic audiences
- Ar cheat-sheet - Git Cheat Sheet in Arabic.
- ArabicGit - Learn Git in Arabic.
- simple-guide - A simple guide in Arabic to get started using Git.
- ar-python - Learn Python in Arabic.
- Colors Lab - UX/UI philosophy in Arabic.
- Hsoub Academy - Hight quality tutorials about programing, DevOps, UX and Design, Freelancing...
- informatic-ar - Arabic content about programming concepts, algorithms, AI ..etc.
- Ruby 3arabi - Learn Ruby in Arabic.
A mix of awesome things
- Arabic Typography
- OpenMapTiles - world map tiles in Arabic
- Arabic-Webfonts - WordPress plugin which allow you to add Arabic fonts easily to any theme without coding.
- Simple Markdown Editor - Write Markdown in Arabic.