[0.59.1] - Alolan Forms and various bug fixes
POKEMON 3D v0.59.1 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - New Content
- Alolan Pokemon - All 18 Alolan form pokemon are available in the Sevii Islands, any of the relevant pokemon that appear in the wild will be their alolan variant, several trainers had some or all of their Pokemon changed to be an Alolan Form (Including Lorelei with Alolan Ninetales and Agatha with Alolan Marowak), evolving Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone will result in their regional form, and Breeding at the Daycare in Four Island will result in relevant alolan forms. These features are not specific to alolan forms and can be used to implement other regional forms in the future.
2 - Smaller changes
- New Command - @Pokemon.hatch(PartyID, [CanRename], [Message])
- Added Leer, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Vine Whip, Poison Sting and Scratch move animations.
- Updated spin animations for NPC warping/changing costumes in cutscenes.
3 - Bug Fixes
- The Cutiefly and Rolycoly lines will no longer be replaced with Caterpie when encountered.
- Fixed roaming pokemon always being Caterpie.
- Fixed trading.
- Fixed issues with mouse controls in battles.
- Fixed various button positions, font sizes, and other scaling issues in the menus specifically the PokeGear, the chat, and the pokemon icons.
- Fixed various issues with the lighting system.
- Fixed odd logic for applying changes to the audio options.
- Fixed waterfall climb issue.
- Fixed mixed speed music.
- Fixed inconsistent speed on stairs.
- Fixed animations for Ember, Poison and stat changes.
- Fixed player orientation in Mewtwo cutscene.
- Fixed extra bump sound playing when using the ladder in Burned Tower.
- Fixed the appearance of the ladders in Mt. Ember.
- Fixed Mahogany shop lady script blocks.
- Removed second Mewtwo battle.
- Fixed Suicune always being shiny.
- Fixed rock in Icefall Cave battle map.
- Fixed crash on maps with animated blocks (Celadon City and Diamond Dive)
[0.59] - Diamond Dive
POKEMON 3D v0.59 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - New Story Content
- Diamond Dive - New massive dungeon with 3 major sections, plenty of puzzles and 11 new pokemon obtainable nowhere else including a new legendary pokemon waiting for you at the end!
- Route 49 and 50 - Connects Cherrygrove City to the seaplane port(Soon…) and Diamond Dive!
- Route 23 - Completely new design for the old badge check route from RBGY
- New badge check gates
- Routes 22, 26-28, and Mt. Silver exterior updated to HGSS layouts (NOTE THIS CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS IN SAVES ON THOSE LOCATIONS!! SAVE ELSEWHERE OR USE FLY)
- Most scripted pokemon encounter have updated shiny rates tied to the MasterShinyRate
- All Legendaries and Lapras will roll for shininess when first entering the map first appear in the overworld and their overworld sprites will reflect the result from then on (NOTE: Suicune, Entei and Raikou will have their shininess determined when they wake up in Burned Tower, Mewtwo will have its shininess determined when clearing Team Rocket, and Mew will been shiny in the Vermilion City truck cutscene). The following are shiny locked: Scripted Unown encounters in Ruins of Alph, uncatchable Scizor in Twirl Forest.
- GameJolt login rewards - Each day that you login to GameJolt and load your save you will receive a reward. You do not need to maintain a “streak”, each day you login will advance the rewards one more day no matter how far back your last login was. The rewards are on a 30 day cycle with a special item making its return as the day 30 reward!
2 - New Engine Features
- New battle animation system, new animations for the following:
- Tackle, Pound, Growl, Ember, Poison Sting, Absorb, Wrap, Bind, Whirlpool, Attract & Clamp
- Status effect animations
- Multiturn move animations
- Pokemon switching, fainting and Mega Evolution animations
- Switch mode in battles is now active.
- Options menu on Main menu
- Content Pack support in the menus is re-enabled
- Language selection support in the menus re-enabled
- Pokemon, NPC and Player textures now support 2 frames (1 - 2 - 1 - 2), 3 frames (1 - 2 - 1 - 3) or 4 frames (1 - 2 - 3 - 4) for their movement animation.
- Centralized the shiny rate to be tied in one place to account for Shiny Charm and Shiny boost events, now impacts daycare rates and as well as normal wild pokemon rates, Legendaries are no longer shiny locked by the engine.
- The engine now supports .mp3 and .wma files for music
- Running shoes are now a toggle triggered by shift instead of needing to hold shift
- IntroType parameter now accepted for GameModes, 0 activates the old Intro, 1 the new
- Walkthrough walls in sandbox/debug mode is now a toggle triggered by ctrl instead of needing to hold ctrl
3 - New script commands and constructs, mapping and content pack features
displays a box in the top right of the screen with the given text, it lasts the given delay in 1/100s of a second, looks and sfx can be determined in the script, a script can be attached and either the script is activated with Q, or a script-less notification is closed with Q, the “priority” flag makes it take precedence over all other notif for cutscenes.
Checks if save is a Gamejolt save and, optionally, if they are banned
Returns the system’s shiny rate bool determines if it accounts for shiny charm and shiny boosting events, default true
Displays the given texture in the display box, like when a pokemon is renamed, the optional int arguments can define the start position and size of the texture if not taking the whole image file
Displays a large message box in the center of the screen with the given text. Uses RGB color for box background, font color, and box border respectively, example 0,0,0 is white
Returns the system name of the button bound to that control
Returns the requested token from the correct language files (not yet used but usage coming in future versions)
Returns the environment type of the current map
Returns the integer rotation of the entity with the given ID
Sets the season based on the given int, 0-3 starting with Winter, -1 resets to default.
Permanently replaces the players skin with the given skin (vs @player.wearskin() which is not permanent)
- Updated <daycare.canbreed(daycareID,[bool]>
New optional Bool for if it should use multipliers for the rates or just return base rates, default true.
- Updated <inventory.name(itemID,[sing/plur])>
New optional argument, accepts “s”, “singular”, “p”, or “plural” and if the last 2 returns the plural form of the item name.
- 3 new entity models;
OutsideStepModel: ID = 19, for outside corners with ledges.
WallModel: ID = 20, a single vertical face of a standard wall block.
CeilingModel: ID = 21, sits at the bottom of a normal entity space, points down.
- Updated several duplicate commands:
@pokemon.hide -> @overworldpokemon.hide
@player.hidepokemonfollow -> @overworldpokemon.hide
@player.showpokemonfollow -> @overworldpokemon.show
@player.togglepokemonfollow -> @overworldpokemon.toggle
- Commands that change the environment will now stick through reloading the map with ‘R’ in debug mode
- Content packs can now control several interface colors by modifying Content\GUI\Menus\InterfaceColors.png
4 - Other significant changes
- Replaced skyboxes with new assets and changed darkness levels
- Added phone number register, elevator arrival, PokeBallbreak and HM received sfx
- New Game always asks for you to select a GameMode even if there is only one to advertise the system.
- Changed Overworld camera rotation speed slightly
- Changed how dialogue menus scale to the text options. (@Options.show() command)
- Turned on the “MaxStacks” engine argument to be usable
- Returned an old item that was removed, max of 1
- Move 749 Tar Shot and Ability 243 Steam Engine Implemented
- Items 653 Black Augurite and 654 Peat Block added but currently without effect.
- Changed pokemon sprite system to accept other animation patterns and changed existing pokemon sprites to 2 frame by default
- @pokemon.newroaming now has an optional bool for if the pokemon is shiny
- New songs added for Mom and PVP_Intro
- Slight redesign of PSS menuing and other minor PokeGear improvements
- Genderless option for gamejolt saves
- Sandbox mode always has access to the Pokégear.
- The player's current skin is now shown on the world map at their current location. The position can be defined directly as a tag in the world map file or as the last instance of the location in the world map file
- Structures can now be nested.
- Content Packs can now scale textures by sng values and not just integers.
- Centralized the wild encounter rate to allow for easier modification of rates in the code.
- Redistributed the season specific weather odds
- Rival rename screen can now use custom skins
- Local map path is now included on debug (F3) display.
- JappaWakka has joined the 4th floor of Kolben Tower.
- Added player icon to indicate current location on the world map.
- Replaced several of the unique models with new voxel models;
5 - Bug Fixes and small adjustments
- Changed Gate sign text to not be purposefully messy
- Slight change to apricorn tree design
- Minor adjustments to outdoor textures, specifically berry dirt
- Minor adjustments to textures in the player’s house, including bed and kitchen and removing hidden faces
- Minor adjustments to New Bark Town
- Minor adjustments to Olivine Cafe
- Minor adjustments to Violet Gym
- Minor adjustments to Pewter Museum
- Minor adjustments to the Johto and Kanto world maps to add the new areas and improve a few minor positionings.
- Adjustments to many sfx and their names
- Replaced the StarTower song with a different remix of the same piece
- Default offset map quality is now 100
- Improved the customization for GameMode Player Skin selection
- Fixed issue with Content pack exceptions.dat not pulling replacement textures from files other than the one it is from and other exceptions.dat limitations
- Fixed content packs not being able to use new music intros
- Fixed structures not being able to be nested in other structures
- Fixed constructs in the results of resolved constructs not being resolved
- Fixed following pokemon using location based reactions in the wrong locations.
- Fixed extraneous music gaps during battles
- Fixed Camera not returning to old placement after interacting with following pokemon
- Fixed teleport crash
- Fixed bug shiny locking the @pokemon.add and @pokemon.addtostorage commands
- Fixed trainer's pokemon having a shiny check, can only appear shiny if defined as such in the trainer file.
- Fixed glitchy behavior of splash screens before loading the game
- Fixed issue making the intro cutscene play incorrectly for people with their Decimal Separator as anything other than .
- Fixed Turkish and Russian Font crashes
- Fixed game crashing when loading a GameMode without Moves folder
- Fixed typo in smash rock list [ “)” vs “}” ]
- Fixed Rare Candy being usable in battle
- Fixed movement on water in debug mode
- Fixed movement down rock climb in debug mode
- Fixed scaling issue for Gym Badges.
- Fixed Model IDs 5 and 6 not being visible on the minimap
- Fixed issues with the Main Menu scaling at lower resolutions
- Fixed PokeBall toss an...
[0.58.1] - GameJolt Fix + others
POKEMON 3D v0.58.1 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
- Fixed Access to GameJolt Saves
- Inaccessible Hidden Rare Candy in Whirl Islands removed
- Random dark room in Whirl Islands brightened
- Fixes to the Unown menu sprites
- Fixed Overworld Pokemon continuing to walk when the game is paused.
- Fixed some issues with the game crashing while paused/minimized
- Minor adjustments to various sprites
- Fix Music and sound effect volume being linked
- Fixed Daisy’s Grooming
[0.58] - Trainer Tower
POKEMON 3D v0.58 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - New Content:
- Trainer Tower
- 4 courses(Single, Double, Knockout, Mixed)
- Dreepy Family available
- Steel Beam Tutor in Olivine City
- TMs 183, 187, 178 and 177 available
- Fossils may now be revived with one of two scientists in the Pweter Museum
- All Fossil Pokemon now available
- Fossils available in Sevault Canyon Rock Smash
- Weather Rocks available in Mt. Silver Rock Smash
- Tao, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver Emblems(retroactive with a visit to original location)
- Pokemon 880-887 implemented but not necessarily available
2 - Changes
- Move Deleter and Reminder moved to all Pokecenters
- Draco Meteor Tutor moved to Blackthorn House
- Various Rock Smash item changes
- Various Gen 8 compatability changes
- New textures for Diglett's Cave
- structural changes to pokemon Menu sprites
3 - Bugfixes
- MUSIC IS FIXED!!!
- High Jump Kick and Jump Kick crash damage now applies properly
- Supersonic no longer checks for type matchups
- Flash Fire (WIP)
- Dusk Ball/TM 158 Item ID conflict
- Indigo Plateau Stone store NPC
- Change game load skin to show correctly even when surfing
- Swapped Politoed to Marill as wild surf option in Ruin Valley
- Crash with Jasmine’s pre-Blue rematch team
- Snow causing a flickering effect on the sides of Blackthorn gym and house at Cape Brink
- Small fix to how Server IP is determined
- Fix Alt-Tab crash from chat screen
[0.57.1] - Fixes and some Gen 8 Mechanics
Hello! We are back so soon because of a small mistake which caused some serious problems for you all!
This update primarily fixes the crash that occurs after catching any member of the Tao Trio but, we also had a couple of minor changes we thought we should include from the new Generation 8 Sword and Shield!
Those changes are as follows:
Updated Rapid Spin, Howl, and King's Shield.
Added new interactions and immunities with intimidate.
Updated Koffing and Weezing's Abilities.
Updated Aegislash's base stats.
[0.57] - Tao Trio Arrives!
POKEMON 3D v0.57 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
Soon… bot count: 1(-2)
1 - New Content:
- Legendary Tao Trio Storyline
- Mt Ember’s Secret Path
- Dotted Hole
- Embedded Tower
- N, the mysterious trainer
- Light or Dark Stone
- Reshiram or Zekrom
- Pewter Museum gets a 2nd floor, radio scientist is moved
- Created DNA scientist to fuse Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram
- Choice Items (Band, Specs & Scarf)
- Rock Tunnel remapped in HGSS layout
- Diglett’s Cave remapped in HGSS layout
- Minor layout change to Route 42
- TM 71 Fissure, TM 114 Fling and TM 125 Rock Polish now available
- Darkfire gets a Gen VI team added to its random selection
2 - Engine Features:
- “Fused” Pokémon blocked from trades
- Changed <Pokemon.data>’s output to prevent parsing errors
- @Pokemon.removeattackid(int,int) - removes the given pokemons given attack
- @screen.fadeoutcolor(int,int,int) - changes the fadeout color to match given 3 num color
- <pokemon.hasattackinparty(int)> - returns -1 if false, party Id of first holder otherwise
3 - Fixes:
- Jessie and James not having intro text
- Made belly drum fail if the user’s Attack is maxed
- Prevented player from backing out of showing Bill’s Grandpa a Pokémon (show him an incorrect one to exit)
- Fixed Elemental Gem descriptions
- Wild Pokémon on Mt. Ember’s exterior grass
- Erika having a wrong Pokémon in her rematch team
- Johto Gym Leaders having mega evolutions on their weaker teams
- Typo on the Blue Gem in Ancient Ruins
- Removed the extra scientist in Ancient Ruins
- Increased levels of S.S. Aqua trainers on the first trip
- Minor adjustments to wild Pokémon rates on Routes 24 and 25
- Fix grabbing one item removes 2 in Millenial Star Tower
- Missing wall tile between Route 2 and Viridian City
- Braille Font’s colors
- Minor adjustment to the Sevii Islands region map
[0.56] - Battles, battles, battles!!
POKEMON 3D v0.56 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - Gym Leader Rematches
- Battle Bar Location created in Goldenrod City.
- 8 Johto Gym Leaders available after beating Lance
- 8 Kanto Gym Leaders available after beating Blue
- 8 other trainers available from special events after gathering all of the Gym Leaders
- Even stronger rematch teams for Red on Mt. Silver
2 - Moves, Items and Abilities
2.1 New Battle Mechanics
- Electric Terrain
- Grassy Terrain
- Misty Terrain
- Psychic Terrain
- "Grounded" Condition
- Gen 7 Natural Gift Power Calculations
2.2 New Moves
- Electric Terrain
- Grassy Terrain
- Misty Terrain
- Psychic Terrain
2.3 New Abilities
- Electric Surge
- Grassy Surge
- Misty Surge
- Psychic Surge
- Grass Pelt
- Surge Surfer
2.4 New Items
- Electric Seed
- Grassy Seed
- Misty Seed
- Psychic Seed
- Terrain Extender
- TMs 171-181
- Elemental Gems
- Ice Stone
- Cell Battery
- Roseli Berry
- Kee Berry
- Maranga Berry
- Berserk Gene
- Pewter Crunchies
3 Minor changes
- Several new items buyable in Frontier Shop with BP
- Evolution stone shop in Fuchsia City
- Minor Aesthetic and Item changes in Icefall Cave
- Some trainers have minor team changes in preparation for Alolan Forms
- Some wild pokemon have changed in preparation for Alolan Forms
- Some background content changed to support eventual implementation of Gen 7 Pokemon and Alolan forms
4 Bug Fixes
Fixed several major bugs related to time
Overhauled item icons for better clarity
Goldenrod Mart rooftop fences adjusted
Added wild pokemon encounters to Pallet Town and Cinnabar Island
Rock incense moved to ID 299 and re-added to Lost cave
Fixed several typos and old names around Clair and Chuck
Fixed offset map flickering on R42
Fixed Ladders in Mt Mortar
Fixed bug with some trainer’s HP
Fixed several maps with incorrect region maps
Allow Lanturn to learn Thunderbolt via TM
Fixed Whirl Islands Waterfall cave Wall
Fixed Silver’s Indigo Plateau rematches team
Fixed Dusk ball Multiplier in caves
Fixed Fake Out/First Impression working when it shouldn’t
Fixed protection-lifting moves showing messages unnecessarily
Fixed functionality for Trapping and Binding moves in various instances
Fixed Flinch message appearing randomly
Fixed Smack Down and Thousand Arrows properly grounding foes
Chilan Berry should now activate properly
Fixed multiple typos or capitalization issues on battle screen messages or moves
Fixed minor positioning issues on the inventory screen
Made Whitney mention her badge is necessary for Ride HM usage
Prevent Safari Balls and Sport Balls from being smuggled
Fixed animations on some Overworld sprites
[0.55.2] - Bug Fix 2 Electric Boogaloo
POKÉMON 3D v0.55.2 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - New Stuff:
- Added two move tutors (V-Create at Liberty Island; Draco Meteor at Dragon’s Den)
- Flame Orb, Toxic Orb and Life Orb now sold at Frontier shop
- Leaf = Green Sprite
- New Red Rematches
- Gender Switch button and save reset button re-added for Online saves
2 - Fixes:
- Fixed second item in Lost Cave from Ancient Shard to Sea Incense
- Update a bunch of stairs
- Improve offset maps around Route 17
- Remove some spots where snow texture flickers with normal texture
- Bug Catcher Arnie phone typo
- Fix Item ID for Altarianite
- Fix crash when using Judgement without a held item
- Fix Elite Four Doors
- Fix double Expert Belts
- Fix Pattern Bush wild encounters
- Enhanced Mt. Silver battlemap
- Modify Bruno’s rematch levels
- Make the remaining 2 Kanto starter Mega Stones available
- Upgrade some more heal items to gen 7 standards and match text for all
- Make it impossible to meet friendly Grunts in Chrono Island
- Item in wrong location in Sevault Canyon
- Fix Pansage Hold item
- Fix infinite item glitch
- Fix text overflow from Tanoby Ruins trainer
- Potential fix for ability related crashes
[0.55.1] - Back means back with bugs...
POKÉMON 3D v0.55.1 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - New Content
- Events Center in Ecruteak City
2 - Fixes and minor changes
- Fixed offset maps in Sevault Canyon
- Removed old lady(and hidden hiker) from all Tanoby Chambers
- Fixed Elite Four room doors
- Fixed “Beast” Emblem
- Modified some Emblem flavor text
- Fix warps from Water Path on Fortune Island (fixes habitat-dex listings)
- Changed stairs in Six Island Town to actual stairs
- Fixed warps on Liberty Island
- Revival Herb now fully heals
- Fixed music not returning after riding boat to Sevii Islands
[0.55] - We're Back Baby!
POKEMON 3D v0.55 CHANGELOG (CLICK HERE)
1 - Main Changes
1.1 - Menus
- Implemented new Start Screen
- Implemented new Save Game selection Screen
- Implemented new Intro Cutscene
- Implemented new Main Menu
- Implemented new Trainer Card Menu
- Implemented new Settings Menu
- Implemented new Party Menu
- Implemented new Save Menu
- Implemented new Items Menu
- Implemented new Shop Menu
2 - Items, Moves, Abilities, and Pokemon
2.1 - Items
2.1.1 - Newly Implemented Items
- Burn Drive - unreleased
- Chill Drive - unreleased
- Douse Drive - unreleased
- Shock Drive - unreleased
- Liberty Pass
- Ancient Fragment
- Expert Belt
- Focus Sash
2.1.2 - Previously Unreleased Items
- TM 145 - Smack Down
- TM 127 - Stone Edge
- TM 100 - Flamethrower
- TM 147 - Flame Charge
- TM 136 - Grass knot
- TM 131 - Captivate
- TM 53 - Swords dance
- Aguav Berry
- Figy Berry
- Iapapa Berry
- Mago Berry
- Wiki Berry
- Icy Rock
- Soothe Bell
- Charizardite X
- Charizardite Y
- Mewtwonite X
- Mewtwonite Y
2.2 - Updated or Implemented Moves
- Dark Void
- Spacial Rend
- Storm Throw
- Shadow Force
- Thousand Waves
- Fell Stinger
- Hyperspace Fury
- Parting Shot
- Light of Ruin
- Final Gambit
- Flying Press
- Dragon Ascent
- Phantom Force
- Worry Seed
- Precipice Blades
- Thousand Arrows
- Echoed Voice
- Hold Back
- Reflect Type
- Simple Beam
- Techno Blast
- Venom Drench
- Hyperspace Hole
- Diamond Storm
- Origin Pulse
- First Impression
- Pollen Puff
- Brutal Swing
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Trip
- Clanging Scales
- Dragon Hammer
- Zing Zap
- Fleur Cannon
- Nature's Madness
- Burn Up
- Fire Lash
- Shadow Bone
- Spirit Shackle
- Solar Blade
- Strength Sap
- Trop Kick
- High Horsepower
- Shore Up
- Ice Hammer
- Revelation Dance
- Tearful Look
- Toxic Thread
- Prismatic Laser
- Psychic Fangs
- Anchor Shot
- Gear Up
- Smart Strike
- Sparkling Aura
2.3 - Pokemon
- Pikachu colored Pichu
- Spiny-Eared Pichu
3 - Story content
3.1 - New Locations
- Quest Island
- Water Path
- Green Path
- Pattern Bush
- Outcast Island
- Altering Cave
- Ruin Valley
- Fortune Island
- Seven Island
- Trainer Tower Exterior
- Canyon Entrance
- Sevault Canyon
- Tanoby Ruins
- Kolben Tower
- Assistant Offices
- Route 28
- Mt Silver
- Liberty island
3.2 - New Story SPOILERS!!!!!
- Celebi Quest
- Change to reward for Ruins of Alph Quest
- Activate Tanoby Ruins via Tanoby Key
- Trigger GS Ball in Tanoby Chambers
- Bring GS Ball to Ilex Shrine
- Battle Kimono Girl
- Time Travel through Giovanni/Silver Story
- Receive Celebi
- Liberty Island
- Battle Grunt outside Altered Cave
- Talk to navigator in Vermillion City
- Battle through Grunts on Liberty Island
- Battle Admin Petrel
- Capture Victini
- Speak with Looker
- Travel through Route 28 and Mt Silver
- Battle Red
- Speak with Prof Oak to receive a Kanto Starter, their Mega Stone, and the Mega Bracelet
- Collect Mega Stones
3.3 - Rebattleable Trainers
- Tornado (Kolben Tower Ass. Offices)
- Omega (Kolben Tower Basement)
- Capt. Segis (Kolben Tower Basement)
- Red (Mt. Silver Peak)
3.4 - New Emblems
- Deep Sea
3.5 - Minor Map changes:
- Clouds added to Cliff Edge Gate and Route 47
- Fountains added to Celadon City and National Park
- Optimized warps between maps overworld maps
#4 - Regression
- Content Packs and Game Modes are Unavailable for now due to the new menus not yet supporting them. We are going to be working on getting them back up as soon as possible!