2D tile based game framework in HTML5
The Platypus Engine allows rapid development of 2D orthogonal tile based games for deployment in HTML5 compatible browsers. The engine uses a component based model, and includes many ready to use components to allow users to start adding assets and editing levels right away. The component based model lends itself to community members adding new functionality, we hope you'll share what you've done!
- The Tiled map editor for level creation.
- SpringRoll for application management.
- Pixi.js for rendering visuals.
- Deploy on any HTML5 platform supported by SpringRoll
- Multi-platform support
- Automatic scaling
- Touch and keyboard input
- Component-based development model
Platypus in action: Wild Kratts Monkey Mayhem
Platypus was developed by PBS KIDS and Gopherwood Studios. It is free to use (see licenses.txt), all assets in the example games are © Gopherwood Studios and/or © PBS KIDS.