Contributing (TODO List)
Clone this wiki locally
- Be patient!
- Your contribution will gladly be reviewed, but free time is an expensive resource.
- Discuss your future contribution with us before coding it!
- Let's avoid duplicate work! Besides, the specification could be clarified this way.
QA / Portability
- Port core thread to std::thread (current code is based on pthread, so low priority)
- C11 aligned_alloc (mostly done, but doesn't work with asan and GCC4.9)
- C++11 alignof/alignas syntax
- Replace volatile/lock-free queue with real C++ atomic (mostly done, remains a couple of volatile in core)
- C++11 auto port.
- Clean header include. Investigate.
- Address sanitizer (GCC or Clang) and other sanitizers.
- Valgrind (not sure it can run PCSX2, maybe limit the scope to plugins)
- Reformat the core/plugin to a constant style with clang-format (on-going by greg)
- Check Linux chapter. Various improvements are actually cross-platform! ;)
You're welcome to the Linux contribution thread to have full details. Here is a handy list of features need implementation. Feel free to propose new ones.
House keeping and general compilation
- Clean up warnings
- Same as GCC flags but without the need of complete test.
- Clean up GCC flags
- Put default global flags in cmake/BuildParameters.cmake
- Speed comparison Clang/GCC
- Add missing/update copyright headers
- LTO support
- PGO support
- clang-tidy (./build.sh --clang-tidy)
- Support XZ compressed ISOs
- Implement DirectX features on OpenGL (and vice versa, if applicable)(video recording, etc.)
- OSD => started by Gregory in a branch , someone is working on it
- Gameplay recording (so far, framebuffer is dumped every frame)
zzogl (plugin is kinds of dropped)
- Reduce OpenGL requirement to 3.3 with OpenGL 4 extension
- Use multibind
- Fix EGL
- Port GLSL to window
- Drop old GLSL backend (and much later Nvidia CG)
- Needs a refresh to the latest standard
- Clean Debian/copyright => debmake -k
Very long term features
Those features will require a lot of work, and an organized long-term effort.
- PS2 ROM re-implementation (wrongly named HLE BIOS)
- 64-bit port (32-bit yields better performance for the moment)
- Android X86 port
- Linux ARM port
- Mac OS X support