How to contribute
PDAL welcomes all contributions. We use Github's pull requests to accept patches from the community.
- Make sure you have a GitHub account.
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work.
- You usually should base your topic branch off of the master branch.
- To quickly create a topic branch:
git checkout -b my-topic-branch
- Make commits of logical units.
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with
git diff --checkbefore committing.
- Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format.
- Make sure you have added the necessary tests for your changes.
- Run all the tests to assure nothing else was accidentally broken.
- Push your changes to a topic branch in your fork of the repository.
- Submit a pull request to the repository in the PDAL organization.
- If your pull request fixes/references an issue, include that issue number in the pull request. For example:
Wiz the bang Fixes #123.
- PDAL developers will look at your patch and take an appropriate action.
- PDAL's coding conventions
- General GitHub documentation
- GitHub pull request documentation
- #pdal IRC channel on freenode.org
- PDAL Gitter channel
The basic skeleton of this CONTRIBUTING file was lifted directly from Puppet's.