Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changes of Note
- PDAL's Travis CI configuration is now based on Alpine Linux.
- PDAL is now built into containers with Alpine linux in addition to Ubuntu linux. Tags exist for each release, starting with 1.4, as well as the master branch.
- Pipeline tag names can now contain capital letters. They can also contain underscores after the first character.
filters.predicatewith the more general
- Add support for Matlab with
- Remove the
filters.pmfand add an
- Placed base64 encoded VLR data in a subnode of the VLR itself with the key "data" rather than duplicate the VLR node itself (#1648).
- XML pipelines are no longer supported (#1666).
- The number of proprietary dimensions in
readers.textwas expanded from 255 to 4095 (#1657).
- API hooks have been added to support the use of PDAL with JVM languages such as Java or Scala.
- Added support for LASzip 1.4 and switch to use the new LASzip API. (#1205). LASzip support in PDAL will require LASzip.org release 3.1.1 or greater.
- The cpd kernel has been replaced with
- No more warnings about ReturnNumber or NumberOfReturns for LAS permuations (#1682).
- The KernelFactory class has been removed. Its functionality has been moved to StageFactory.
- Built-in eigen support has changed from version 3.2.8 to 3.3.4 (#1681).
- API users can now create synonyms for existing arguments to a stage.
filters.splittercan now create buffered tiles with the
writers.plycan now be made to write faces of an existing mesh (created with
filters.poisson) if the
facesoption is used. An option
dimshas also been added that allows specification of the dimensions to be written as PLY elements. The writer also now supports streaming mode.
readers.textis now automatically invoked for .csv files.
- PDAL_PLUGIN_INSTALL_PATH can now be set via override when building PDAL from source.
- Changed the use of null devices to eliminate potentially running out of file descriptors on Windows.
filters.randomizecan now be created by the stage factory (#1598).
- Provide the ability to specify a viewpoint and normal orientation in
readers.lasnow provides the
ignore_vlroption to allow named VLRs to be dropped when read (#1651).
writers.gdalto write output rasters of type other than double (#1497).
filters.sqliteis now invoked automatically for .gpkg files.
filters.colorinterpcan now be used in streaming mode in some cases (#1675).
- Pointers can now be stored as metadata.
filters.ferrycan now create new dimensions without copying data (#1694).
- Remove some leftover references to the
extractoptions that were removed from
filters.groundin the last release.
- Add a note about running pgpointcloud tests.
- Added a tutorial on filtering data with python.
- Remove lingering XML pipeline examples and replace with JSON.
- Many updates and corrections to the workshop.
- Added to the FAQs and entry about why a stage might not be found.
- Added information to stage docs to indicate whether or not they were buit-in rather than plugins (#1612).
- Added information to stage docs to indicate when they are streamable (#1606).
filters.greedyprojection- Performs triangulation of points (surface reconstruction) based on the greedy projection algorithm.
filters.poisson- Performs triangulation of points (surface reconstruction) based on the algorithm of Kazhdan.
filters.head- Passes through only the first N points.
filters.tail- Passes through only the last N points.
filters.cpd- Calculates and applies a transformation to align two datasets using the Coherent Point Drift registration algorithm.
filters.icp- Calculates and applies a transformation to align two datasets using the Iterative Closest Point registration algorithm.
filters.voxelcenternearestneighbor- Finds points closest to the center of a voxel (#1597).
filters.voxelcentroidnearestneighbor- Finds points closest to the controid of points in a voxel (#1597).
filters.matlab- Provides support for matlab manipulation of PDAL points and metadata (#1661).
readers.osgto support Open Scene Graph format.
readers.matlabto support reading data from a user-defined Matlab array struct. The same structure is written by
- Fixed a case where
kernels.tindexwould unconditionally set the spatial reference on a feature from the
a_srsoption. The spatial reference stored in
a_srsis now only used if explicitly set or no spatial reference was present.
- Fixed a case where
writers.gdalcould fail to check for an out-of-bounds point, potentially leading to a crash.
- Fix an error in
filters.clusterwhere the points wouldn't properly be placed in the first cluster because the starting cluster number was incorrect.
- Fixed an error in freeing OGR features that could cause a crash when running "pdal density".
- Fix potential memory leaks when creating OGRSpatialReference objects.
- Make sure the
global_encodingoption is initialized to 0 in
- Fix eigen::computeCovariance to compute the correct sample covariance.
- In some cases, the
filters.cropwould attempt to treat a 2D bounding box as 3D, yeilding a NULL bounding box and an error in behavior (#1626).
- Fixed potential crash when using PDAL with multiple threads by providing locking for gdal::ErrorHandler (#1637)
- Made sure that an uncompressed LAS file would be properly read even if the
compressionoption was provided.
- Throw an exception instead of crash when attempting to access a non-existent color ramp. (#1688)