- Version 2.0.0 has been retracted as it was mistagged.
Changes of Note
- Python support now requires at least version 3.5+ of Python and version 1.13 of Numpy.
filters.icpis no longer a plugin and provides options not previously available.
- Linear algebra that was using single-precision math is now using double-precision math.
- Support was added for GDAL version 3+.
- PCL support has been removed. PCD read/write and
filters.icpis now natively supported. The PCL filters have been moved to the unsupported-plugins repository for those that might need functionality they provided.
- PDAL now uses a JSON library that doesn't support comments. If your pipelines contain non-standard JSON, they will no longer be accepted.
- PDAL now supports GCC 9.2, clang 8.0.1 and Visual Studio 17
filters.covariancefeaturescomputes statistics about features of points in a neighborhood. (#2455 - Thanks Helix.re!)
readers.e57reads the E57 format. (#2442 - Thanks Helix.re!)
writers.e57writes the E57 format. (#2442 - Thanks Helix.re!)
writers.gltfprovides simple glTF mesh output support. (#2643)
filters.reciprocitycomputes the percentage of points that are considered uni-directional. (#2504 - @chambbj)
filters.miniballcomputes a criterion for neighbors based on the miniball algorithm. (#2504 - @chambbj)
filters.planefitcomputes a deviation of a point from a manifold approximating its neighbors. (#2504 - @chambbj)
readers.memoryprovides an API interface for direct reading of row-oriented point data. (#2620)
filters.projpipelineprocesses point through a PROJ pipeline. (#2626 - Thanks @vilaa!)
- readers.sqlite (will be moved to unsupported-plugins in a future release)
- writers.sqlite (will be moved to unsupported-plugins in a future release)
- readers.geowave (will be moved to unsupported-plugins in a future release)
- writers.geowave (will be moved to unsupported-plugins in a future release)
readers.mrsidnow supports more recent versions of the Mr. Sid SDK. (#2460)
writers.tiledbnow support stream mode processing. It also supports an
readers.eptnow accepts an optional
\<spatial reference>after the bounds specification in the
boundsoption to indicate the SRS of the provided boundary. (#2295)
filters.hagnow supports interpolation from a TIN (triangulated network) of points. (#2520 - Thanks James McClain!)
filters.poissonnow properly applies an inverse transform to points it creates. (#1840)
pdal --driversnow shows the file extensions associated with each driver. It also shows when stages are streamable. (#2571, #2528)
- Some threaded execution has been added to
- Alternate dimension names have been added for "Red", "Green" and "Blue" to better support PLY input. (#2570)
- Fixed a problem where data in a forwarded LAS VLR would be lost. (#2542)
- Clear dimension list in
filters.colorizationto eliminate the possibility of writing invalid data. (#2487)
- Delete code that removed control characters when converting to JSON. (#2355)
- Fixed an issue where nested geometries were being written as invalid WKT in
- Fixed a segmentation fault in
readers.bpfif the specified file didn't exist. (#2515)
- Fixed an issue in
writers.gdalwhere interpolation would terminate if the process hit the raster edge. (#2545)
- Fixed an issue writing JSON when characters needed to be escaped. (#2558)
- Delaunay triangulation no longer segfaults with fewer than three points. (#2513)
- Issues with reading binary data with
filters.epthave been fixed. (#2585)
pdalnow errors if an option is provided that wasn't expected. (#2574)
- Forwarding for scale with multiple LAS inputs was fixed. (#2663)
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.bz2 89.3 MB
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.bz2.md5 57 Bytes
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.bz2.sha256sum 89 Bytes
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.bz2.sha512sum 153 Bytes
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.gz 92.1 MB
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.gz.md5 56 Bytes
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.gz.sha256sum 88 Bytes
PDAL-2.0.1-src.tar.gz.sha512sum 152 Bytes