WANT TO HELP? CLICK THE ★ (STAR LOGO) in the Upper-Right!
- 📂 [Click Here] - Google G-Suite (Unlimited Hard Drive Space & Storage)
- 📂 [Click Here] - Top Performance NewsHost! - Blitz Members Receive a 58% Discount
http://emby.pgblitz.wiki | Discord ( !emby )Shortcut -
Table of Contents
Bringing all of your home videos, music, and photos together into one place has never been easier. Your personal Emby Server automatically converts and streams your media on-the-fly to play on any device
Overall, Emby serves as a great media alternative to Plex, which now there is a forked alternative project of Emby known as JellyFin. Users of Emby enjoy and make the case arguement that Emby is not invasive as Plex when it comes to a user's privacy.
2. Access Information
|traefik**||emby:8096||Only for Internal App-to-App Communication|
|https||emby.domain.com||Traefik must be Deployed; Remote Servers|
|http||domain.com:8096||Poor Security Practice - Stop with PG Port Guard|
|http||ipv4:8096||Ideal Only for Local Servers|
** Ideal for Apps to communicate between with one another. Click Here for more info!
3. PG YouTube
i. Wizard Setup
The user will be presented with a language selection. Set a language and select [NEXT].
The user must set a username. Type a username and link an Emby account (optional); then select [NEXT].
ii. Setting Your Media Libraries
In general, this part is simple to setup. General paths used are:
Just keep in mind that other paths can be used. To make it simple, you can type the path in directly!
For the additional selections within, it's self explanatory. DO NOT turn on the chapter selections! This will tax your server and increase API calls if utilize GSuite!
iii. Additional User Generation
Emby enables the Administrator to invite users through invitation or through the creation of a manual account.
Start the process by selecting
Users under Server as shown within the picture below. Select whether or not to enable access to all libraries prior to creating the user!
Afterwards, click the [Password] tab and set the password.
Additional User Settings
- First, set all the settings under the [Profile] tab of the user. Pay attention to the following areas:
- Allow remote connections to this Jellyfin Server
- Allow this user to manage the server
- Internet streaming bitrate limit
- Allow Deletion From
- Remote Control
- Hide this user from login screens (good to turn on for security)
When complete, select [Save]!
Nothing yet, pending an additional setting add-on
v. API Key Generation
Follow the steps to create an API Key for any apps if required!
- Click the Settings Icon
- On the left, scroll all the way down to Expert & Select [Advanced]
- In the top middle, select the [Security] Tab.
- Select the [+] symbol and type an application name and then press [OK].
- Now your API Key is created and is ready for use!