WANT TO HELP? CLICK THE ★ (STAR LOGO) in the Upper-Right!
- 📂 [Click Here] - Google G-Suite (Unlimited Hard Drive Space & Storage)
- 📂 [Click Here] - Top Performance NewsHost! - Blitz Members Receive a 58% Discount
http://pgshield.pgblitz.com | Discord ( !pgshield )Reference Shortcut -
Table of Contents
1. PG YouTube
NOTE: Watching the Video will provide the deepest insight in deploying PGShield!
What does it provide you? Protection through Google Authentication by shielding your container/apps from unauthorized users! Unlike PG's Legacy AppGuard, you sign in once and your apps are protected without having to sign in each time... over and over!
*WARNING: Will need to create another GSuite OAuth Key labeled
3. Initial Actions
- First, you must have a Google GSuite Business Account
- Deployed Traefik and ensure that your Portainer is working @ https://portainer.yourdomain.com
Note: If you have sonarr/radarr/etc on a separate server than nzbget/sab/etc, you CANNOT use PGShield for these apps, it won't work. PGShield is basically a firewall and requires google authentication. Your apps don't know about and can't handle this "firewall". You have to disable PGShield for these apps in this case. If your apps are on the same server, use the traefik internal access URL, not your domain!
B. Next Steps
- Next, visit Google's Credential Console and select WEB Application!
- This is not the same OAuth Key from PG Blitz (which was --- other)
- Selecting the wrong version will have you troubleshooting all day!
- Name: Call it whatever you like!
- Authorized Redirects: Make sure it matches as such https://oauth.yourdomain.com/_oauth
- If you see a red warning about needing to add the domain to the trusted list, click it and do so!
- Create: When finished, click the create button.
4. PG Actions
Just notes until snapshots are taken:
- Enter your CLIENT ID and SECRET from above
- Add whitelisted users to access your apps
- Exempt apps that you do not want to be touched by PG Shield
- If you fail to pay attention, you can end up copying the wrong key from another project and you'll wonder why it's not working. It happened to myself; so please pay attention!
PG Shield is an awesome tool to provide you simple security powered by Google! Ensure to stop by Thomseddon's Authentication Project and give him a STAR if you like it!