SSH Server Access
WANT TO HELP? CLICK THE ★ (STAR LOGO) in the Upper-Right!
- 📂 [Click Here] - Google G-Suite (Unlimited Hard Drive Space & Storage)
- 📂 [Click Here] - Top Performance NewsHost! - Blitz Members Receive a 58% Discount
http://ssh.pgblitz.com | Discord ( !ssh )Reference Shortcut -
Table of Contents
Table of Contents: SSH
SSH, also known as Secure Socket Shell, is a network protocol that provides administrators with a secure way to access a remote computer. SSH also refers to the suite of utilities that implement the protocol. Secure Shell provides strong authentication and secure encrypted data communications between two computers connecting over an insecure network such as the Internet. SSH is widely used by network administrators for managing systems and applications remotely, allowing them to log in to another computer over a network, execute commands and move files from one computer to another.
- Main Website: https://www.ssh.com/ssh/protocol/
Turn On Xor Configure SSH
- Make sure OpenSSH is installed on your Ubuntu server!
sudo apt install openssh-server
After you have a server with Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, either by renting from a host or by rolling your own server at home, you will need to SSH into your machine.
Obtain Your IP Address
- Configure or set the IP Address (your host should give you this information)
- Cannot remember?
ip addr show
Virtual Machine Users
Use bridge mode and assign an IP via mac address or in the OS, assign a STATIC IP address!
- Download Putty
- In putty program, type in your main IP address and then set the port as 22
Mac / Linux Users
- Use a built in program called Terminal
- Go to Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app or search for terminal
- Example type: ssh username@youripaddress-or-domain
- Ensure that your IP Address is correct, including port number.
- Firewall can be a choke point.
- You should not have to configure anything out of the ordinary.
- Your network setup can be the main problem
📂 Click Here - NZB's from USENET Server - PG Members Receive a 60% Discount