This content is part of a library of solutions build by PIT Business based on the experience of its experts.
Please visit PIT Business Website to discover our Services and Solutions for Scorecard, Stratgy Map, Master Data Management, BI Catalog, BI ChatBot, Project Portfolio Management, Dependency Graphs, ...
PIT Business, the best Qlik Influence Partner in Luxembourg & Belgium.
Master Data Manager
This solution is a user interface plugged on a database schema that allows to manage tables content.
The user navigates between multiple tables via custom Menus, and displays data in a really efficient way thanks to paginated queries. Classical Create, Update and Delete functions can be performed row by row, or massively thanks to Import, Export and Delete all selected features. Selections are done with some 1-column filters, or with a all-columns filter. Interface is accessible via a login screen, where the security is checked with Windows AD and the user obtains a Read, Write or Admin role.
Which challenges does it address?
- When business users need to edit data inside database tables bypassing challenges with SQL knowledge, Tool installation, Connection information, Security management
- When BICC/IT needs to manage content of configuration tables inside database and to perform massive INSERT/MERGE effectively
- For BICC/IT to provide an easy to use UI and keep control on security to business users
- Get to ability to custom the UI only with configuration files and without web development knowledges
- Multiple connections to Microsoft SQL Server
- Columns order defined in configuration file
- Possibility to hide some technical columns with configuration file
- Define some Foreign Keys in configuration file that will link to destination table
- Define extra links in configuration file according to row data
- User's authentication in Windows AD
- Filter data column by column
- Filter data on multiple columns
- Sort data column by column
- Export all data displayed in a CSV file
- Delete all displayed data according to filters
- Import all data from a CSV file, Insert news record and Merge existing records based on Primary Key
- Possibility to link a column to a language, and display only the column linked to the user's language
- Connection to Microsoft SQL Server
- Configuration file to define tables' structure
- Listing tables in custom Menus
- Listing data in table
- Data pagination
- Create form to add a record
- Update form to edit a record
- Delete link and confirmation for one record
This Master Data Manager is not available without context introduction and basic understandings, please contact PIT Business to get the MDM Solution.
- Install IIS >= 8.0 on Windows Server >= 2012
- Install PHP >= 7.0 on Windows Server >= 2012
- Deploy MDM source code on the Windows Server
- Create the IIS Website linked to the MDM source code
- Edit the YML configuration files
parameters: database_host: hostname database_port: 1433 database_name: db database_schema: dbo database_user: sa database_password: ******** import.directory: '\\shared_path\upload' export.delimiter: '||'
table1_name_in_db: displayName: Table1 Name column_pk: displayName: 'Primary Key' identifier: true column_fk: displayName: 'My Foreign Key' identifier: false fk: table: destination_table_in_db property: destination_col_in_table labelProperty: destination_col_to_display name_en: nullable: true displayName: 'Name EN' language: EN name_nl: displayName: 'Name NL' language: NL name_fr: nullable: true displayName: 'Name FR' language: FR creation_date: visibleListing: true visibleForm: false
Licensed under the GNU AGPLv3
Strongest copyleft license are conditioned on making available complete source code of licensed works and modifications, which include larger works using a licensed work, under the same license. Copyright and license notices must be preserved. Contributors provide an express grant of patent rights. When a modified version is used to provide a service over a network, the complete source code of the modified version must be made available.
Information about the license at https://choosealicense.com/licenses/agpl-3.0
For commercial use, contact us via PIT Business Website
Copyright 2018 PIT Business SARL