iAddressBook for Asterisk
Forked from: http://iaddressbook.org/ and modified for integration with a FreePBX/Asterisk PBX. The goal is to make as no changes to the core iAddressBook files, so that iAddressBook can be upgraded in place without affecting the possa changes. All non-iAddressBook code is confined to folders,
- Starting with a Centos based LAMP-A distro such as PBX in a Flash, determine the MySQL credentials then at the CLI:
cd /var/www/html git clone https://github.com/lgaetz/iAddressBook.git iaddress chown -R asterisk:asterisk iaddress mysqladmin -u root -ppassw0rd create addressbook
- With a browser navigate to
http://<serverip>/iaddressand step through the install instructions. Confirm that there are no errors, enter MySQL access credentials for your PBX and click 'create tables' to initialize the database.
- Now with the stock iAddressBook project installed and confirmed running, we will overwrite the config.php file with the following to add asterisk integration:
cd /var/www/html/iaddress/conf mv config.php config.php.back mv config.php.possa config.php
- Depending on the distro used, it may be necessary to edit the conf/config.php file with the MySQL access credentials. After this step, reload iAddressBook in the browser and confirm the config changes have not broken anything.
- In order to get click to dial working from iAddressBook, you need to configure the PBX to accept AJAM connections to the http manager interface and you need manager credentials. Then:
cd /var/www/html/iaddress/possa mv config.php.sample config.php
- edit the file:
/var/www/html/iaddress/possa/config.phpwith the necessary details to connect to the Asterisk AJAM interface.
- When viewing iAddressBook contact details, enter the local user extension number at the top of the page in the format
sip/101. Click save and reload the page to set and read the cookie.
- Use the
dialbutton next to any displayed phone number to click to dial. First the configured local extension will ring, and when answered the call will bridge to the oubound number.
- Add ability to connect to asterisk via AMI in addition to AJAM
- Add code that allows for a completely config free installation on a FreePBX system by loading the freePBX bootstrap and using the $astman class to initiate dialling.
2013-12-03 - Forked project from iAddressBook.
2014-01-15 - Starting with an unmodified copy of iAddressBook ver. 2.0 with the following changes:
- In the main iAddressBook config file
/conf/config.phpset the variable, $conf['template'] = 'possa';
- New folder
/possa/- intended to store all non-standard code for these mods
- New file
/possa/Ajam.php- Ajam class originally by Carlos Alberto Cesario
- New file
/possa/dial.php- script to do the dialling
- new file
/possa/config.php- user configuration details for AJAM API
- A new display template called
possabased on the default template, located in
- edits to the file
/lib/tpl/possa/phone.tplwhich control how the phone numbers are displayed. Very rough click to dial is working
2014-01-16 - Click to dial now working reasonably well
- In file
lib/tpl/possa/main.tpladded form and cookie to store the user's extension number & modified footer
- In file
lib/tpl/possa/phone.tpladded click to dial button for each phone number.
2014-01-30 - Having passed initial testings, project moved to github.com/POSSA