If you are a Windows PowerShell user who uses Vim or Gvim for editing scripts, then this plugin is for you.
It provides nice syntax coloring and indenting for Windows PowerShell (.ps1) files, and also includes a filetype plugin so Vim can autodetect your PS1 scripts.
Includes contributions by:
- Tomas Restrepo
- Jared Parsons
- Heath Stewart
- Michael B. Smith
- Alexander Kostikov
Copy the included directories into your .vim or vimfiles directory.
Or even better, use pathogen.vim and simply pull it in like this:
cd ~/.vim/bundle git clone https://github.com/PProvost/vim-ps1.git
The ps1 syntax file provides syntax folding for script blocks and digital signatures in scripts.
When 'foldmethod' is set to "syntax" then function script blocks will be folded unless you use the following in your .vimrc or before opening a script:
:let g:ps1_nofold_blocks = 1
Digital signatures in scripts will also be folded unless you use:
:let g:ps1_nofold_sig = 1
Note: syntax folding might slow down syntax highlighting significantly, especially for large files.
Comments and Suggestions
Copyright 2005-2012 Peter Provost Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- v2.10 (2013-06-24) Added Heath Stewart's here strings fix
- v2.9 (2012-03-08) Included tomasr's changes
- v2.81 (2012-03-05) Fixed a dumb typo
- v2.8 (2012-03-05) Better number scanning, multiline comments, missing keywords and constants
- v2.7 (2008-09-22) Begin, process & end keywords. Better highlighting of foreach and where
- v2.6 (2007-03-05) Added unary -not operator
- v2.5 (2007-03-03) Updates for here-strings, comment todos, other small cleanups
- v2.4 (2007-03-02) Added elseif keyword
- v2.3 (2007-02-27) Added param keyword
- v2.2 (2007-02-19) Missing keywords
- v2.1 (2006-07-31) Update for renaming
- v2.0 (2005-12-21) Big update from Jared Parsons
- v1.3 (2005-12-20) Updates to syntax elements
- v1.2 (2005-08-13) Fix foreach and while problem
- v1.1 (2005-08-12) Initial release