Application dedicated to HAM amateur radios allowing for frames collection and upload to webapp.
Binaries for supported platforms are available to download on http://radio.pw-sat.pl/communication/desktopsoftware. Binaries contain also freezed GNURadio Companion (GRC) flow graphs. It's strongly recommended to use these binaries.
More help on the operation of application can be found in Wiki: https://github.com/PW-Sat2/HAMRadio/wiki
More details about architecture
In fact, the software comprises two parts:
- main application - functions like: showing main window, frames list, receiving frames via ZMQ, having buttons to run external binaries with GRC part: signal sources/SDR, demodulator etc.
- GnuRadio Companion part - signal source: SDRs, IQ files, demodulator/decoder - always freezed as binary
This repo itself does not contain GRC part - running
main.py file one can use all functionalities but
Signal source and
Usage (with your Python interpreter and GnuRadio Companion)
main.py file via Python 2.6 interpreter.
Run selected flow charts from https://github.com/PW-Sat2/GSControl/tree/master/gnuradio/downlink repository in GnuRadio Companion:
downlink.grcis "Run demodulator" option from main application
- a directory
How to build binary
Linux (tested on Ubuntu 16.04 - 18.04)
- Install GRC so you can run everything in https://github.com/PW-Sat2/GSControl/tree/master/gnuradio/downlink repository
- Install all python dependencies so you can run Main application from this repository (try
- Clone https://github.com/PW-Sat2/GSControl repository
- Clone https://github.com/PW-Sat2/HAM-desktop-application repository
- Adjust non-relative paths in these two files: https://github.com/PW-Sat2/HAM-desktop-application/blob/main-app/main_linux.spec and https://github.com/PW-Sat2/HAM-desktop-application/blob/main-app/grc_part/grc_part_linux.spec
- Correct paths to GSControl repository and HAM-desktop-application repositories in file https://github.com/PW-Sat2/HAM-desktop-application/blob/main-app/config.sh
build_linux.shfile from this repository. At the end of building process the application should be ready (in zip also).