PX4 Drone Autopilot
This repository holds the PX4 flight control solution for drones, with the main applications located in the src/modules directory. It also contains the PX4 Drone Middleware Platform, which provides drivers and middleware to run drones.
- Official Website: http://px4.io (License: BSD 3-clause, LICENSE)
- Supported airframes (portfolio):
- Releases: Downloads
This Developer Guide is for software developers who want to modify the flight stack and middleware (e.g. to add new flight modes), hardware integrators who want to support new flight controller boards and peripherals, and anyone who wants to get PX4 working on a new (unsupported) airframe/vehicle.
Weekly Dev Call
The PX4 Dev Team syncs up on a weekly dev call.
Note The dev call is open to all interested developers (not just the core dev team). This is a great opportunity to meet the team and contribute to the ongoing development of the platform. It includes a QA session for newcomers. All regular calls are listed in the Dronecode calendar.
- Project: Founder - Lorenz Meier, Architecture: Daniel Agar
- Communication Architecture
- UI in QGroundControl
- Multicopter Flight Control
- Multicopter Software Architecture
- VTOL Flight Control
- Fixed Wing Flight Control
- OS / NuttX David Sidrane
- Driver Architecture Daniel Agar
- Commander Architecture Julian Oes
- UAVCAN Daniel Agar
- State Estimation - Paul Riseborough
- Vision based navigation
- Obstacle Avoidance - Martina Rivizzigno
- RTPS/ROS2 Interface - Nuno Marques
This repository contains code supporting these boards:
- FMUv5 (ARM Cortex M7)
- Airmind MindPX V2.8
- Airmind MindRacer V1.2
- Bitcraze Crazyflie 2.0
- Omnibus F4 SD
- Holybro Durandal
- Holybro Kakute F7
- Raspberry PI with Navio 2
Additional information about supported hardware can be found in PX4 user Guide > Autopilot Hardware.
A high level project roadmap is available here.