NEWS: Try the refactored blasr code base
We have refactored the blasr code base and will replace this blasr repo with the refactored one soon.
Please try it now if you are interested, and report any issue to email@example.com.
- > git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ylipacbio/refactored_blasr_II.git --recursive
To build BLASR, you must have hdf 1.8.0 or above installed and configured with c++ support (you should have the library libhdf5_cpp.a). If you are intalling the entire PacBio secondary analysis software suite, appropriate hdf libraries are already distributed and no configuration is necessary. Otherwise, it is necessary to point two environment variables, HDF5INCLUDEDIR and HDF5LIBDIR to the locations of the HDF5 libraries.
- > export HDF5INCLUDEDIR=/usr/include/hdf
- > export HDF5LIBDIR=/usr/lib/hdf
2. Build the source tree
- > make
3. The executable will be in alignment/bin/blasr
- > cd alignment/bin/blasr
Typing blasr -h or blasr -help on the command line will give you a list of options. At the least, provide a fasta, fastq, or bas.h5 file, and a genome.
Some typical use cases:
Align reads from reads.bas.h5 to ecoli_K12 genome, and output in SAM format.
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 ecoli_K12.fasta -sam
Same as above, but with soft clipping
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 ecoli_K12.fasta -sam -clipping soft
Use multiple threads
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 ecoli_K12.fasta -sam -clipping soft -out alignments.sam -nproc 16
Include a larger minimal match, for faster but less sensitive alignments
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 ecoli_K12.fasta -sam -clipping soft -minMatch 15
Produce alignments in a pairwise human readable format
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 ecoli_K12.fasta -m 0
Use a precomputed suffix array for faster startup
- > sawriter hg19.fasta.sa hg19.fasta #First precompute the suffix array
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 hg19.fasta -sa hg19.fasta.sa
Use a precomputed BWT-FM index for smaller runtime memory footprint, but slower alignments.
- > sa2bwt hg19.fasta hg19.fasta.sa hg19.fasta.bwt
- > blasr reads.bas.h5 hg19.fasta -bwt hg19.fasta.bwt