Mastering IPython 4.0
This is the code repository for Mastering IPython 4.0, published by Packt. It contains all the supporting project files necessary to work through the book from start to finish.
Chapter-wise software requirements (with version):
- Chapter 2: Python 3.4.2, IPython 4.0.1
- Chapter 3: Python libraries (ipyparallel, numpy, scipy)
- Chapter 4: ZeroMQ 4.1.4, MPI 4.0, Python libraries (mpi4py, zmq)
- Chapter 6: R, Octave, Hy, Python libraries (rpy2, oct2py, hymagic)
- Chapter 7: R packages (ggplot2), Python libraries (matplotlib, bokeh, pandas, python-nvd3)
- Chapter 8: Python libraries (pytest, nose2)
- Chapter 9: Python libraries (docutils, sphinx)
- Chapter 10: Jupyter
The list is probably best understood as being cumulative, with each chapter requiring all the software from the previous chapters, plus (possibly) more.
OS used to run the code:
(my_rpy2_zone)-bash-4.1$ lsb_release -r -i -c -d Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseServer Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 (Santiago) Release: 6.7 Codename: Santiago
Hardware used to run the code: Hard to specify exactly, given the nature of the platform. The machine is described at: (https://www.osc.edu/supercomputing/computing/oakley)