This is the code repository for Mastering Vim, published by Packt.
Build a software development environment with Vim and Neovim
What is this book about?
Vim is a ubiquitous text editor that can be used for all programming languages. It has an extensive plugin system and integrates with many tools. Vim offers an extensible and customizable development environment for programmers, making it one of the most popular text editors in the world.
This book covers the following exciting features:
- Install or update Vim 8 on every major platform and set up GVim
- Become efficient at navigating and editing text
- Discover multiple ways of working with and organizing plugins
- Navigate through Vim’s extensive undo tree
- Explore and tailor Vim UI and organize vimrc
- Uncover niche Vim plugins and pick the best one for the job
- Write scripts to compliment your workflow using Vimscript
- Explore why Neovim matters
If you feel this book is for you, get your copy today!
Instructions and Navigations
All of the code is organized into folders. For example, Chapter02.
The code will look like the following:
" Manage plugins with vim-plug. call plug#begin() call plug#end()
Following is what you need for this book:
Mastering Vim is written for beginner, intermediate, and expert developers.The book will teach you to effectively embed Vim in your daily workflow. No prior experience with Python or Vim is required.
With the following software and hardware list you can run all code files present in the book (Chapter 1-10).
Software and Hardware List
|Chapter||Software required||OS required|
|1||Samba 4.x Server Software||Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (Any)|
Get to Know the Author
Ruslan Osipov is a software engineer at Google, an avid traveler, and a part-time blogger. He is a self-taught engineer. He started publishing personal Vim notes in 2012, and became increasingly interested in the intricacies of the editor and its applications in optimizing development workflows.
Suggestions and Feedback
Click here if you have any feedback or suggestions.