Network A/V in OBS Studio with NewTek's NDI technology.
Follow the main author on Twitter for news & updates : @LePalakis
- NDI Source : receive NDI video and audio in OBS
- NDI Output : transmit video and audio from OBS to NDI
- NDI Filter (a.k.a NDI Dedicated Output) : transmit a single source or scene to NDI
Binaries for Windows, macOS and Linux are available in the Releases section.
You'll need CMake and a working development environment for OBS Studio installed on your computer.
In cmake-gui, you'll have to set these CMake variables :
- QTDIR (path) : location of the Qt environment suited for your compiler and architecture
- LIBOBS_INCLUDE_DIR (path) : location of the libobs subfolder in the source code of OBS Studio
- LIBOBS_LIB (filepath) : location of the obs.lib file
- OBS_FRONTEND_LIB (filepath) : location of the obs-frontend-api.lib file
On Debian/Ubuntu :
git clone https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi.git cd obs-ndi mkdir build && cd build cmake -DLIBOBS_INCLUDE_DIR="<path to the libobs sub-folder in obs-studio's source code>" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .. make -j4 sudo make install
git clone https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi.git cd obs-ndi mkdir build && cd build cmake -DLIBOBS_INCLUDE_DIR=<path to the libobs sub-folder in obs-studio's source code> -DLIBOBS_LIB=<path to libobs.0.dylib> -DOBS_FRONTEND_LIB=<path to libobs-frontend-api.dylib> -DQt5Core_DIR=/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5Core -DQt5Widgets_DIR=/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets ../ make -j4 # Copy libobs-ndi.so to the obs-plugins folder # Copy libndi.dylib from the NDI SDK to the obs-plugins folder too