An awesome list for an awesome project.
Arch Linux is an independently developed, x86-64 general purpose GNU/Linux distribution versatile enough to suit any role. Development focuses on simplicity, minimalism, and code elegance. Arch is installed as a minimal base system, configured by the user upon which their own ideal environment is assembled by installing only what is required or desired for their unique purposes.
- Arch-based projects
- Arch-based distros
- Pacman-based Linux distros
- SystemD-free Arch-based distros
- Arch Linux Installers
- AUR Helpers
- Other projects
Linux distributions strongly inspired by Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux 32 - The community maintained continuation of 32-bit support for Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux ARM - A distribution of Linux for ARM computers.
Non-Linux projects based on Arch Linux.
- PacBSD - A lightweight and flexible BSD distribution that provides a base system for use of
- Arch Hurd - A derivative work of Arch Linux porting it to the GNU Hurd system with packages optimised for the i686 architecture.
- ArchWSL - ArchLinux as a WSL Instance.
Linux distributions based on Arch Linux for general use.
- Manjaro - A professionally made Linux based operating system that is a suitable replacement for Windows or macOS.
- ArcoLinux - A full-featured distribution.
- ArchBang Linux - A lightweight distribution based on Arch Linux.
- Archcraft OS - A Minimalistic Linux Distribution, Focused On Aesthetics & Based On Arch Linux.
- Archman - An Arch Linux-based distribution which features the Calamares system installer and a pre-configured desktop environment.
- Bluestar Linux - A GNU/Linux distribution that is based on Arch Linux.
- EndeavourOS - A rolling release Linux distribution based on Arch Linux.
- ArchLabs Linux - A distribution based on Arch Linux and featuring the Openbox window manager as the primary desktop interface.
- Namib GNU/Linux - A desktop operating system based on (and compatible with) the Arch Linux distribution.
- ArchEX - A new (190612) Linux live DVD based on Arch Linux. Arch motto is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid.
- Arch XFerience - A modern OS based on Arch Linux, built for day-to-day operations with tons of packages & features.
- Ctlos Linux - Arch Linux based distro.
- MagpieOS - Get a fresh experience of Arch.
- Netrunner Rolling - Manjaro/Arch Linux based distro.
- PuppyRus-A - Lightweight, portable and flexible Linux based on Arch, Puppy, Porteus.
- TeLiSc OS - A simple GNU/Linux distribution based on Arch Linux which provides you a stable Arch Linux with i3 window manager.
- Qubes OS (Archlinux Template) - A security-focused desktop operating system that aims to provide security through isolation (Unofficial Archlinux Template).
Linux distributions based on Arch Linux with a specific purpose.
- BlackArch Linux - (Security/Forensics) - An Arch Linux-based distribution designed for penetration testers and security researchers.
- ArchStrike - (Security) - A distribution for security professionals and researchers based on Arch Linux.
- SystemRescueCd - (Data Rescue) - An Arch-based Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM or USB drive, designed for repairing a system and data after a crash.
- MorpheusArch Linux - (Data Rescue) - A distribution based on Arch Linux.
- LinHES - (MythTV) - An attempt to make the installation of GNU/Linux and MythTV as trivial as possible.
- UBOS - (Server) - A Linux distribution designed to greatly reduce the amount of time required to set up and maintain common network services.
- TalkingArch - (Assistive) - A re-spin of the Arch Linux live ISO image, modified to include speech and Braille output for blind and visually-impaired users.
- Archphile - (Raspberry Pi/ARM/Audio) - Yet another linux audio distribution for embedded boards.
- BBQLinux - (Android Developers) - A user-friendly Linux distribution made for Android developers. It has everything on board to build AOSP or AOSP-based distributions like LineageOS or OmniROM.
- RaspArch - (Raspberry Pi/ARM) - A “remaster” of Arch Linux ARM.
Pacman-based Linux distros
Linux distributions that use
pacmanas a package manager.
- Chakra GNU/Linux - A user-friendly and powerful distribution and live CD originally forked from Arch Linux.
- KaOS - KaOS is an independent distribution focused on Qt and KDE.
SystemD-free Arch-based distros
Linux distributions based on Arch Linux that implement alternative inits to SystemD.
- Obarun - An Arch Linux based distribution featuring the S6 init software in place of systemd.
- Artix Linux - A fork (or continuation as an autonomous project) of the Arch-OpenRC and Manjaro-OpenRC projects.
- Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre - A community driven effort to provide a fully free (as in freedom) operating system that is stable, secure, simple, lightweight that tries to Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) with Long Term Support (LTS).
- Parabola GNU/Linux-libre - An unofficial "libre" variant of Arch Linux.
- Alfheim Linux - Systemd free Arch based Linux.
Arch Linux Installers
Installers created specifically to facilitate the installation of Linux Arch.
- Anarchy - A simple and intuitive Arch Linux installer.
- Archfi - Just a simple bash script wizard to install Arch Linux after you have booted on the official Arch Linux install media.
Search and download
- Auracle (C++) - A flexible command line client for Arch Linux's User Repository.
- pbget (Python) - Retrieve PKGBUILDs and local source files from Git, ABS and the AUR for makepkg.
- repoctl (Go) - Make it easy to manage your local Arch Linux repository.
- yaah (Bash) - A helper for the Archlinux User Repository (AUR).
Search and build
- Aurutils (Bash) - Helper tools for the AUR.
- Bauerbill (Python) - An extension of Powerpill with AUR and ABS support.
- PKGBUILDer (Python) - An AUR helper (and library) in Python 3.
- repofish (Bash) - Simple shell script used to manage a local archlinux repository.
- RUA (Rust) - Build tool for Arch Linux providing control, review and jailed build options.
- Aura (Haskell) - A secure, multilingual package manager for Arch Linux and the AUR.
- Pacaur (Bash) - An AUR helper that minimizes user interaction.
- Pakku (Nim) -
pacmanwrapper with AUR support.
- Paru (Rust) - AUR helper with all needed modern wrapper features, created by a former developer of yay.
- pikaur (Python) - AUR helper with minimal dependencies. Review PKGBUILDs all in once, next build them all without user interaction.
- Trizen (Perl) - Lightweight AUR Package Manager.
- Yay (Go) - Yet another Yogurt, an AUR Helper written in Go.
- Argon (Python | GTK3) - lightweight GUI package manager for Arch Linux.
- Cylon (Bash | TUI) - A CLI TUI menu driven bash shell script supporting updates, maintenance, backups and system checks for an Arch based Linux distro.
- Pamac (Vala | GTK3) - Graphical Package Manager for Manjaro Linux with Alpm, AUR, Appstream, Flatpak and Snap support.
- Pakku GUI (Python | GTK3) - Basic GTK interface to (install|remove|upgrade) packages with
- PkgBrowser (Python | Qt5) - A utility for browsing
pacmandatabases and the AUR.
- Octopi (C++ | Qt5) - A graphical user interface for the Arch Linux package management tool
- Yup (Go | TUI) - Arch Linux AUR Helper with ncurses functionality and better searching and sorting.
- aur-out-of-date - Determines out-of-date AUR packages w.r.t. upstream version.
- aurpublish - PKGBUILD management framework for the Arch User Repository.
- devtools - Tools for the Arch Linux distribution for building and maintaining official repository packages.
- pkgbuild-watch - Alerts you to upstream activity.
- pkgoutofdate - Checks whether Arch packages are out-of-date.
- arch-audit - A utility like pkg-audit based on Arch Security Team data.
- aur-talk - A script to fetch and display AUR package comments.
- aurvote-utils - A set of utilities for managing AUR votes.
- haskell-aur - Haskell library for accessing Aurweb RPC interface.
- package-query - Tool for querying
libalpmand the AUR.
- python3-aur - AUR-related modules and helper utilities (aurploader, aurquery, aurtomatic).
- raur - Rust library for accessing Aurweb RPC interface.
Projects linked to or inspired by Arch Linux that do not belong to any previous category.
- Dotfiles Generator - Dotfiles generator that allows quick configuration of different Window Managers and tools in multiple operating systems, including any Arch Linux-based distribution.
- Termux Arch - Run Arch Linux ARM on your mobile phone with Termux.
- archlinux/base - A docker image based on Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux on EC2 - Amazon EC2 AMIs based on Arch Linux
Contributions welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.
You can also contribute to the maintenance of the list by making a small donation (psst, buy me a coffee...
I need your support!
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
Ulises Jeremias Cornejo Fandos
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
To the extent possible under law, Panda Foss has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.