How to update
When updating, check the changelog and this page to see which files have changed. When you made changes to these files, make a backup and update the asset.
After you are done updating, check what has changed (you might find detailed information in the changelog) and merge the new version with your changes.
1.2.2 - CHAT Interface, Event Handlers, RPCs, MIT License
- LICENSE CHANGED TO MIT Due to confusion about the GPLv3 license, I decided to change the license to the MIT license. This is way easier to understand for everybody. BY UPDATING YOU AGREE TO THIS NEW LICENSE. THIS LICENSE REPLACES THE OLD ONE.
- Support for custom Event Handler for Connection/Disconnection on Server Also adds an easy way to reject players when they conect
- Fixed a bug that prevented the game to be run with the YYC (thanks to Imtnt @gmc)
- Server Shutdown Function added and automatic shutdown/disconnect if the htme object is destroyed / game is ended
- PLUS/UDPHP : UDPHP 1.2.1 - Fixed an issue where servers and client could not connect to each other when the master server was not reachable.
- Added CHAT Interface: This is a new set of functions that allow you to send and recieve string messages in a more clasic way. The manual was updated so the Chat Tutorial now uses this new way of syncing (an RPC tutorial was also added to the manual; see below).
- Updated debug overlay to include debug information about the CHAT Interface
- Fixed a bug, where in rare cases clients could start syncing before they got their player hash which lead to invalid instances being synced and mayor desync
- MANUAL (http://htme.parakoopa.de/manual) :
- Added manual pages for the event handler scripts
- Added Tutorial Chapter Bonus 4 - Event Handlers for Connecting/Disconnecting
- Added manual page for htme_shutdown
- Added manual page for htme_globalSyncFAST
- Added manual page for the CHAT Interface and all it's functions
- Rewrote Tutorial 11 - Chat (it is now using the CHAT Interface)
- Added Tutorial Chapter Bonus 5 - RPC
- Updated debug overlay manual
- Master Server is now on Version 1.2.3, you might want to update, some critical bugfixes were made.
- **We now have a forum: http://htme.parakoopa.de/forum - Check it out - This is now the main place for support! **
1.2.1 - Introducing a better online lobby and a LAN lobby for all!
This update improves the ONLINE lobby by adding fltering and sorting mechanisms. Check out the updated tutorial! Also we added a seperate lobby for LAN Servers, the master server was HUGELY updated and we are happy to introduce a testing tool for master servers
- Added a LAN lobby.
- UDPHP/PLUS: Added a new lobby system that supports filtering
- UDPHP/PLUS: Added support for new registration and sending version number
- UDPHP/PLUS: Changed it so the server only reconnects to the master server if it lost connection
- You need to update the master/mediation server if you are a GMnet ENGINE!!
Master server changelog
Master server Version 1.2.0
- Added the possibility to name the server
- Added --version parameter
- Added --testing paramter to be tested via HTMT.
- Added multiple testing commands
- Added a filter for a minimum required udphp version
- Changed registration so it requires the udphp version of the server that wants to register
- Fixed bugs in server destruction
- Added a createdTime field to the servers
- Added filter and sorting methods to the lobby
CHANGED FILES IN 1.2.1:
scripts/htme_init.gml objects/obj_udphphtme_lobby.object.gmx scripts/udphp_config.gml scripts/udphp_downloadServerList.gml scripts/udphp_serverCommitData.gml scripts/udphp_Punch.gml scripts/htme_getDataServer.gml scripts/htme_getLANServers.gml rooms/htme_lanlobby.room.gmx scripts/htme_networking_searchForBroadcasts.gml objects/htme_obj_lanlobbydemo.object.gmx objects/htme_obj_menu.object.gmx scripts/htme_serverBroadcast.gml scripts/htme_serverStart.gml scripts/htme_startLANsearch.gml scripts/htme_stopLANsearch.gml scripts/htme_step.gml
1.2.0 - Debug overlay and graceful discon
I recommend to reinstall GMnet ENGINE, meaning removing the old asset and adding the new one. Make sure to backup your config.
- Added htme_serverDisconnect and htme_clientDisconnect to gracefully kick players or disconnect from the server.
- Added a debug overlay. All information about that here.
- Changed visuals of demo project
- UDPHP (PLUS only): Fixed bug that resulted in not closing old TCP connections on the servr when reconnecting.
- Added globalSetFAST. Same as globalSet but with the fast sync type.
CHANGED FILES IN 1.2.0:
objects/htme_obj_playerlist.object.gmx objects/obj_htme.object.gmx rooms/htme_rom_demo.room.gmx rooms/htme_rom_demo2.room.gmx scripts/htme_clientDisconnect.gml scripts/htme_clientNetworking.gml scripts/htme_clientShutdown.gml scripts/htme_debugOverlayEnabled.gml scripts/htme_debugoverlay.gml scripts/htme_doDrawInstanceTable.gml scripts/htme_doGlobalSync.gml scripts/htme_doInstAll.gml scripts/htme_doInstCached.gml scripts/htme_doInstInvisible.gml scripts/htme_doInstVisible.gml scripts/htme_doMain.gml scripts/htme_doMain_new.gml scripts/htme_doOff.gml scripts/htme_doPlayers.gml scripts/htme_doSignedPackets.gml scripts/htme_doStateInstAll.gml scripts/htme_doStateInstCached.gml scripts/htme_doStateInstInvisible.gml scripts/htme_doStateInstVisible.gml scripts/htme_doStateMain.gml scripts/htme_doStateOff.gml scripts/htme_do_createMicro.gml scripts/htme_dotbd.gml scripts/htme_findPlayerInstance.gml scripts/htme_globalSetFast.gml scripts/htme_globalSet_new.gml scripts/htme_init.gml scripts/htme_sendGSFast.gml scripts/htme_sendGS_new.gml scripts/htme_serverDisconnect.gml scripts/htme_serverKickClient.gml scripts/htme_serverNetworking.gml scripts/htme_serverProcessKicks.gml scripts/htme_serverStart.gml scripts/htme_step.gml scripts/mp_add.gml scripts/udphp_serverPunch.gml sprites/htme_spr_door.sprite.gmx sprites/htme_spr_player.sprite.gmx sprites/images/htme_spr_door_0.png sprites/images/htme_spr_player_0.png sprites/images/htme_spr_wall_0.png
1.1.0 - Introducing: Global Sync
- Added Global Sync to sync global variables that are read- and writeable at any time by all clients and the server.
CHANGED FILES IN 1.1.0:
htme_clientNetworking.gml htme_clientStart.gml htme_init.gml htme_serverEventPlayerConnected.gml htme_serverNetworking.gml htme_serverStart.gml htme_recieveGS.gml (added) htme_sendGS.gml (added) htme_globalGet.gml (added) htme_globalSet.gml (added)
1.0.0 - The lobby update
0.6.0 - The performance update
The great performance update! - ADDED A NEW LICENSE. BY UPDATING YOU AGREE TO THIS NEW LICENSE. -- The license is still GPLv3, but it comes with an additional permission to create games in Game Maker without having you to provide the source code of your game when using the Mutliplayer Engine - Made isLocal faster - Improved behaviour and performance of signed packets. Reliable data will no longer by sent if new data is available - Replaced most of the maps with lists, resulting in a huge performance boost! - Fixed crashes and desyncs on certain events - Fixed a mayor memory leak and improved memory managment - COMES WITH udpph 1.1.2. - No mayor changes to the local manual! - Online manual was updated with changelog.
CHANGED FILES IN 0.6.0:
htme_cleanUpInstance.gml htme_clientBroadcastUnsync.gml htme_clientStart.gml htme_createSignedPacket.gml htme_createSingleSignedPacket.gml htme_forceSyncLocalInstances.gml htme_init.gml htme_isLocal.gml htme_recieveSignedPackets.gml htme_recieveVarGroup.gml htme_removeSignedPacket.gml htme_removeSignedPacketsByCatFilter.gml htme_roomstart.gml htme_sendSignedPacket.gml htme_sendSignedPackets.gml htme_serverBroadcastUnsync.gml htme_serverCreateSPForAllCheckRoom.gml htme_serverEventPlayerConnected.gml htme_serverEventPlayerDisconnected.gml htme_serverKickClient.gml htme_serverNetworking.gml htme_serverRecreateInstancesLocal.gml htme_serverRemoveBackup.gml htme_serverSendAllInstances.gml htme_serverStart.gml htme_serverSyncPlayersUDPHP.gml htme_syncInstances.gml htme_syncSingleVarGroup.gml mp_add.gml mp_unsync.gml udphp_stopServer.gml
udphp 1.1.2: * Fixed stopServer not working anymore
udphp 1.1.1: * Fixed some bugs that were created with the changes in 1.1.0. ...