Bindings for libssh C library.
Currently only installation from source is provided. Binary wheels to follow.
To install from source, run the following:
pip install ssh-python
Project is beta status.
- OpenSSL or gcrypt library and development headers
- Optionally Zlib library and development headers for compression
Libssh source code is embedded in this project and will be built when installation is triggered per above instructions. Versions of
libssh other than the one embedded in this project are not supported.
from __future__ import print_function import os import pwd from ssh.session import Session from ssh import options USERNAME = pwd.getpwuid(os.geteuid()).pw_name HOST = 'localhost' s = Session() s.options_set(options.HOST, HOST) s.connect() # Authenticate with agent s.userauth_agent(USERNAME) chan = s.channel_new() chan.open_session() chan.request_exec('echo me') size, data = chan.read() while size > 0: print(data.strip()) size, data = chan.read() chan.close()
The library uses Cython based native code extensions as wrappers to
- Thread safe - GIL is released as much as possible
- Very low overhead thin wrapper
- Object oriented - memory freed automatically and safely as objects are garbage collected by Python
- Use Python semantics where applicable, such as context manager and iterator support for opening and reading from channels and SFTP file handles
- Raise errors as Python exceptions