Bindings for libssh C library.
Binary wheels are provided for Linux (manylinux 2010), OSX (10.14 and 10.15 for brew Python), and Windows 64-bit (Python 3.6/3.7/3.8).
Wheels have no dependencies.
For building from source, see documentation.
pip install ssh-python
Pip may need to be updated to be able to install binary wheels.
pip install -U pip pip install ssh-python
See command execution script for complete example.
The library uses Cython based native code extensions as wrappers to
- Thread safe - GIL released as much as possible
- libssh threading limitations apply - anything not supported in C is not supported in Python
- Very low overhead thin wrapper
- Object oriented
- Memory freed automatically and safely as objects are garbage collected by Python
- Uses Python semantics where applicable
- channel/file handle context manager support
- channel/file handle iterator support
- Raises low level C errors as Python exceptions